Home Technical Talk

zbrush3 to max....

fritz
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
fritz polycounter lvl 18
i REALLY like zbrush3...so much faster. however i'm having some troubs bringing my sculpts into max. has anyone experienced any probs? the settings are the same as w/zbrush2. but i can't even bring in a model that is 500,000.

Replies

• fritz
    Offline / Send Message
    fritz polycounter lvl 18
    haha....nevermind. problem solved. sorry to jump to conclusions. damn 'unify'!
  • snap.crackle.pop
    Offline / Send Message
    snap.crackle.pop polycounter lvl 18
    So fritz what was the problem ? i just got in
  • fritz
    Offline / Send Message
    fritz polycounter lvl 18
    it was taking FOREVER to load my models from zbrush3 to max. but i found an older post that solved the problem. when importing a model to max...if you click the 'unify' button to off...they come in really fast.

however, i'm having another prob. can you no longer walk down to the lowest sub level in z3...then import to max...move verts around(keeping same vert count)...and then re-import to z3??? it's not working for me. i used to do this all the time w/z2.

doing tons of test...crashes on me every time. can get z2 to do it EVERYTIME. anyone else?

thanks
  • andym12
    Hey, thanks a lot for posting this. Exactly the same problem I was having! smile.gif
  • Davision3D
    Offline / Send Message
    Davision3D polycounter
    Same problem here fritz.
    I have to export the highest Sdiv in zb3, import in zb2, reconstruct Sdivs, export, import in max, export, import in zb2, export highest Sdiv, import in zb3, reconstruct Sdivs! laugh.gif

But i have another problem, if i want to make the UVWs after sculpting in ZB3 i cant use mirroring. I have to do all the uvws of symetrical character twice. frown.gif Any idea what i could do?
  • fritz
    Offline / Send Message
    fritz polycounter lvl 18
    wow davision...that's some work around. i'm sorry but i have no idea how to address the uvw prob that you are having.

however, in reference to the importing and exporting...it may not even be necessary anymore. last night i realized you can fix anything in Z3 w/the use of subtools...so importing and exporting just to fix certain things may be a thing of the past.

but i'd still like to hear a solution anyways. haha.