Home Collaboration & Unpaid Work

Boost Cannon looking for a 2D artist

Inspired from the great gaming classics Super Mario World, Mega Man and Contra, here comes Boost Cannon, an all-new action-packed 2D platforming game! This colorful game lets players travel through interactive worlds while swiftly dodging the attacks of innumerable enemies. Use wisely the four vastly different weapons you will encounter in the world. When your power reaches its peak, unleash the Super Boost Attacks to devastate all the enemies in your way! And after you beat the game, create your own missions with the powerful level editor integrated in Boost Cannon!

Hello all, I am the programmer for my 2D platforming game, Boost Cannon. This is a hobby game project, and since my artistic skills are severely lacking, I am now looking for a pixel artist willing to join me in creating this humble but fun game.

As this is a hobby project, I cannot offer any payment except the pride of having your art featured in a cool game. The programming part of the game is already pretty advanced, so there is much less of a risk of having your work done for nothing as with the average hobby game project. This could be particularly interesting for artists with less experience: being credited as an artist on an independent game can be a tremendous asset to your career smile.gif

Here are some short videos that showcase Boost Cannon in more detail. Do note that basically all the art assets in there are placeholder - either ripped from Super NES games or a result of my mad MS-Paint skillz. It would be up to you to create suitable art to replace these, and you would have wide freedom regarding the art style and design smile.gif

Boost Cannon demo (WIP)
http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid=3550304478562127843

Boost Cannon: How to play
http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid=-7688284620470391600

If you are interested, don't hesitate to email me at thelothegreat@hotmail.com .

Thanks,

- Thelo

Replies