Home General Discussion

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
nitzmoff polycounter lvl 18
I was a big fan of the original short story so I was glad to see all the great reviews about this one.

They weren't wrong. This is an excellent film- just be warned that it's not a horror film. It's much more a sort of spooky psychological thriller than anything else. I'll let some time pass and then maybe those of us that see it can dissect it a bit. Certainly a lot to think about if you dig it.

Anyone else catch it?

Replies

• Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jesse Moody polycounter lvl 17
    oh man i can't wait to check this out. The trailer looks awesome and the stories are good. Gonna have to go see this when all this work is done.
  • oobersli
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oobersli polycounter lvl 17
    I thought it was pretty good too. too bad all the teenagers were screaming with each new shot,tho it wasn't scary..... A good film to watch a second time.
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joshua Stubbles polycounter lvl 19
    I liked it.

****SPOILERS BELOW****
    When he "woke up" the first time, I was PISSED at first. I thought that was it. But then it kicked back in and I was happy smile.gif
    Cool movie, but not scary. I've had my fair share of 'experiences' myself (objects floating, faucets turning on/off), so movies just aren't scary for me. But it was good.
  • McIlroy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    McIlroy polycounter lvl 17
    Ghost story time ::

I was 16 years old and watching Tv at my aunts house which happened to be a 110 year old Victorian 2 story . The 2nd story had caught fire 70 years ago killing an old woman and her dog . The 2nd floor was completely burned out nothing was up there but borned wood . Needless to say the 2nd story was spooky as fuck even during the day . I was home alone one day and So anyways to make a long story short I was watching TV one day and I heard a sound upstairs like someone very heavy walking around ...boom ..boom ..boom ...the dog was barking at the ceiling and so I freaked and and ran out of the house . So about a half hour goes by and I go back in scared shitless . Same thing happens again after I sit down and the dog goes crazy again !! I walked to town 7 miles away . Keep in mind the nearest neighbor is 1 mile away . Pretty freaky shit almost surreal thinking back on it .
  • HonkyPunch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HonkyPunch polycounter lvl 18
    Obviously your grandma forgot to feed your evil twin his bucket of fish heads.