Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

3DEnv - The Heist

polycounter lvl 17
Offline / Send Message
Mitch Cosgrave polycounter lvl 17
This is a scene I've been working on for the past two weeks and its getting to the stage where it's almost done, aside from some little things need fixing. This piece of work will contribute to my demo reel along with a number of other scenes that are incomplete.

Anyway, it would be great to hear some feedback on the scene.

http://goldenmonkeystudios.net/images/Render_1E_Chopped.jpg

Polycount: Around 5500
Maps used: Diffuse, Normal (Specular will be added soon smile.gif )

Thanks for reading,

Replies

• Por@szek
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Por@szek polycounter lvl 18
    Looks very nice.
    I like the colors, they are calm and cold.
    The lights ( red one are lights, right?) need more brightness. Maybe glowing, add some incandescence map, stronger light in there should also help. IMHO red color from them should also fall on props nearby. The graffithi mark its IMO to visible, if U make it more washed up it will be better. The eye is concentraiting on it, and I'm not sure its good. U can definately add more details on normals ( maybe more details will appear when U add specular) some bruises, smashed parts of brick. If its a window in the middle upper part of render I think that specular should be stronger on glass not on the frame. U can add decals also, on walls, some leaks on alpha( from wooden wooden plank down). Floor is too clean, dirt it a little, some boots steps on the floor and cardbox could also help ( can be added as a decal). And last but not least. I'm not convinced to this black line around the bricks. It looks fine on the wall but on this bricks on the floor it's adding a cartoon feeling.
    Hope it help. ITs pretty nice scene, keep it up.
  • Rob Galanakis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    It would probably be best to either have the red lights be dynamic (or static for that matter), or maybe even make a lightmap for each of them that you add instead of multiply (ie, it will light things instead of shadow them).

I'm not sure what happened here...
    If the wall was blown open, there should be fragments and a blast circle, etc. If it was chiselled, there should be fragments and dust and stuff. Also, if the graffiti came from the robbers, it would look new.

Finally, think about how bricks and cinderblocks are mortared. As has been said, they look fine on the wall, but I'm sure you can figure out why an outline along the edges doesn't make sense for the ones on the ground.
  • qubism
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    qubism polycounter lvl 18
    i allowed myself to make a lil photoshopping on your render
    to illustrate my thoughts. just quick and dirty but what u
    need here are some harsher changes to get more power to your
    image.
    sceneop.JPG

so far your scene looks sorta mute. lights and shadows have
    not much of a contrast and color avarage is all around
    greyish that all does not give alot of power to the image.
    id like to see that changed. the room might be dusty and
    foggy which causes beautyfull volumenous lights. i think you
    can play with that