Home General Discussion

Any mod-able games like super smash bros?

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Snowfly polycounter lvl 18
The guys at work are heavy into mugen, and i've been kind of day dreaming of a dominance war smash bros. like a polycount junkie that anyone can drop 3D normal mapped characters and levels into like a 3d mugen...Anything like this?

Replies

• Motz
    Offline / Send Message
    Motz polycounter lvl 12
    Might be something made with darkbasic (thegamecreators.com) if i remember correctly. I had been exchanging code with someone there working on something like that.

A6 engine from conitec.net may have some basic things as well. It's a great idea for a project though, but 3d fighting game animations and collisions are a tad more complex, unless it's just all 3d chars on a 2d track

It's a niche area. Check forums from both software sites. Only thing I can think of.
  • pior
    Offline / Send Message
    pior grand marshal polycounter
    I am so dreaming of that too!

The closest I found was that physics-based Sumo game. The author does not plan to take it further (ie boxy sumos will remain boxy sumos because the look is part of the fun) BUT he might be working on something more complex soon enough in the future and he seems willing to use more complex, skinned characters.

There was also a sidescroller mod for UT2003/2004 back in the days which made me think that this engine could very well support a 3D fighting mod.