Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Mythic GuardHouse

Sayanora
polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
Sayanora polycounter lvl 11
Here's my newest project. Once again, based off of one of Mythic's kick ass concepts. Have a look, let me know what you think. Looking for any crits before I move on to textures.

Almost forgot the concept, have a look. It's one of Mike Franchina's. Thanks Mike smile.gif

WARca0207_04.jpg

And where I'm at so far:

mythicguardhouse1abb3.th.jpg

mythicguardhouse2ok9.th.jpg

mythicguardhouse2akg5.th.jpg

mythicguardhouse3vw6.th.jpg

mythicguardhouse4agl5.th.jpg

Thanks guys!

Replies

• bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod
    wow! looks great!
  • Xeto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xeto polycounter lvl 17
    Lookin good! I noticed its a little smooth on the walls though. I know the concept doesn't show many stray bricks in it and it doesn't show the back very well besides a line drawing. But I feel the back could use some breaking up with a little more geo. like this.

littlemoreqn2.th.jpg

Stray bricks like this would be nice all over the walls and its an easy add. grin.gif
  • Aes
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Aes
    This has been a good direction for your portfolio.
  • okkun
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    okkun polycounter lvl 18
    Good start. Concepts are great to work from, however, its' perfectly fine to deviate and correct things. The concept artist probably spent a fraction of the time you will on a piece like this.

Try to consider though if it's practical and sound engineering wise. For instance, when the cannon fires it will fall off the deck, not to mention there's no room for a crew to work. Also the supports under the deck do not sufficient to hold the weight of people and ammunition for the cannon.