Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

ask a advise about my online portfolio

Hi, everyone.

I'm looking for a job now

and recently I made my online portfolio.

So I want to ask your advise about it.

here is my portfolio address.

http://www.aprfirst.com

and some piece of my portfolio.

assa01.jpg

Replies

• MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    Moving to P&P forum, since it fits better there.
    Nice model! smile.gif
  • Xeto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xeto polycounter lvl 17
    I like it, you have some really nice character work. I like the old man bust a lot. The only thing I have to say about it is that your text is difficult to read at most times. Like in your picture you posted the font makes it hard to read right away. I would say go for a much cleaner easy to read font. But great work!
  • Zwebbie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zwebbie polycounter lvl 18
    Unless I'm very wrong (which is certainly a possibility), all your characters seem to have extremely short legs, which is a shame since they look like pretty solid pieces otherwise.
  • Ghostscape
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ghostscape polycounter lvl 13
    I really like your work.

That text you used on the Assassin picks above as a really shitty R, it looks like an A and therefore it looks like your site is apafirst, not aprfirst.

I really don't like your flash viewer or whatever it is - there is no mouseover on the thumbs so I didn't think they were clickable at first, and when it loads up and has no navigation I thought it opened a new window, and closed your site. Ditch the flash loader and just open up the pictures in a new window or something similar - it makes it more accessible and also means people can right-click and save your images. Right now they can't save your images which is kind of a pain.
  • dnorth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dnorth polycounter lvl 18
    I agree about the no mouseover issue - it was confusing at first not knowing what's clickable and what's not. I think my biggest gripe, though, is that there are two vertical scrollbars -- this is pretty odd and means that you have to sort of use both scroll bars to get to the bottom of the portfolio page (although the neon yellow is cool). This coupled with the Flash image loader (again agreeing with others on this) makes for a confusing nav system.

Nice character work though - I like the assassin a lot. Seems like just making the site a little simpler would add a lot to the presentation of some nice work.
  • Thegodzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thegodzero polycounter lvl 18
    Your best work for sure is the hi res lindermen model. That is some AAA quality work you should push that and make a bust out of that.

Otherwise you have some proportion issues to work out on most of your characters. The woman you made has more of a mans face proportions.
  • Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jesse Moody polycounter lvl 17
    [ QUOTE ]
    Your best work for sure is the hi res lindermen model. That is some AAA quality work you should push that and make a bust out of that.

Otherwise you have some proportion issues to work out on most of your characters. The woman you made has more of a mans face proportions.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah that Linderman model was bad ass. Totally get that done and into a bust type form and Pimp that more.

Also i closed your site too. The image loading was rather annoying for me as well. Easy fix on that though.
  • aprfirst
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thank you all,

I'm very appreciate your comments and critiques.

I solved out no mouseover issue.

Thegodzero, JesseMoody / I'll make him gets done soon.
  • Pedro Amorim
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I love all the pieces on your site.:D congrats.
    in terms of site design i would tell you to ditch the frame or iframe whatevea. because i hate to have 2 scrollbarrs on the site. im using a 1280*800 resolution and have 2 scrollbars.

other than that its cool.