Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

hawkenking.com

polycounter lvl 19
Offline / Send Message
hawken polycounter lvl 19
trudging along slowly. Any feedback welcome (hey I know this isn't a webdesign forum but...)

landing page (will point contents to dadako.com)
website2.png

starting work on the logo, custom font as always:

3336d1181910212-reinventing-my-homepage-crits-welcome-picture-35.png

bothered by the W.

I always end up building my own fonts for logos, but any suggestions welcome.

Replies

• Asmuel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Asmuel polycounter lvl 17
    Needs more glowies and less edgeloops tongue.gif

I like the layout, the way the recent projects are listed suggests a never ending list of previous clients. I like the bottom logo, very cool. Cant give any real advice, dont know shiz about web design, but I know I like this smile.gif

Oh and extra points for lesbian tounge dancing cool.gif
  • Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Italic logo has more flair.

It seems a bit curvy-feminine to me for a man's logo, especially the dollops at the ends of the curves, also the Ki connection. I like where the first one is going, the hard tops of the w, and its sharp dollop (is there a name for those things?). But the bold treatment brings back more of the masculine.

I like the crown element, brings in the Brit flavor (Yeah I know, flavour).

About the page, I like the feel. Colors make me think of a formal calling card, nice touch.

My eye isn't focussing quickly on the important bits, I find my eye flitting here and there. It might be the type size, though I think the client names conflict with the headlines... different font, but same color and similar size. Body text could be smaller I think.
  • mikebart
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I like the font, very trendy, its hard to comment on the site personally because its not the type of site I'd normally visit, (although I have checked your current one out before)
    it looks 'pleasant', thats about the best I can do to describe it smile.gif
  • nomichi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    nomichi polycounter lvl 17
    i think the problem with the w is how its thin on the right. almost makes it read as two words "haw ken". maybe try to thicken that side up and see how it looks. i also like the flat top version at the top. i agree it feels more masculine.

site looks good!
  • hawken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    alternative double you

3337d1181914773-reinventing-my-homepage-crits-welcome-picture-36.png

I'm targeting myself up a notch this summer.

Basically I'm going to use my name as a service (instead of dadako), keep dadako as my blog and depository for illustration and works, but pimp myself as a Creative Director and seek out the juicy meats. I'm playing the regal card for the King name, but not going to ham it up
  • Sage
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sage polycounter lvl 19
    Not much to say but I like it! wink.gif Looks professional, the site I mean. Not sure about the logo, doesn't do it for me yet. I'll do a paint over later, but probably simpler is better, I tend to over do this graphic design stuff.

Alex
  • thnom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thnom polycounter lvl 18
    I prefer the none-italiced version, looks way nicer.

As a personal thing; could you post a "wireframe" of the font, I'm interested to see how you did it, because I can see the faint lines and the breakup of pieces but it'd be nice to see it
  • conte
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    conte polycounter lvl 18
    i thought you're japanese guy haha=)
    umm, i like that fonts, keep up
  • hawken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • Michael Knubben
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The new W does unite everything a bit more, but i still really dislike the capital K for its clashing lines/line-weights.
    I also really don't like the thin line in your H, it just feels too flimsy compared to the rest of the typeface.
    The website's layout is nice, i like the simplicity as well as the seperation of elements.
    have you considered maybe choosing a more unique colour to replace the red? I know you're fond of it, but maybe you could differentiate yourself from other website by choosing a less common shade of red?
    Also, your logo needs fuzzy edges and overlapping transparant elements and gooey bits and gradiants to be cool.
    >__>

edit: also, maybe a bit more difference in size between the titles and body-text?