Home General Discussion

Game Devs Get Incentives to Move to Texas

Replies

• Richard Kain
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Richard Kain polycounter lvl 18
    On the one hand, a lot of developers aren't going to like these kinds of stipulations. Having a bunch of conservative government fellows looking over your shoulder is a bit of a handicap in a creative industry. And Texas tends to be pretty conservative.

On the other hand...$250,000. That's a significant chunk of investment capital to play with. That's enough to get some quality equipment, expensive software, and even hire a couple people for a year or two. This won't be much of a draw for anyone looking to make a next-gen blockbuster, but it could definitely help new start-ups.
  • Xenobond
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xenobond polycounter lvl 18
    Besides Texas being awesome, now they gotta sweeten the deal like that. It's over, we're finished!
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    Chinese_lover: I appreciate that you're trying to spread news you find interesting, but you've created 3 new threads in the space of 15 minutes. How about you stick all of the interesting links you want into one thread, rather than making a bunch of one-off threads containing nothing but a link to Joystiq or Kotaku?

Cheers.
  • oobersli
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oobersli polycounter lvl 17
    I knew it! my psychic was telling me the truth when she said getting work in texas would be a good thing.
  • Spark
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Spark polycounter lvl 18
    Hehe, awww come on MoP, he's just trying to get more posts ( which I think I am still listed as a polycount noob:( as I don't like being a vertex:( ) But chinese, if you want to talk about cool things, come to the dallas sketchgroup, as I don't think I saw you this last sunday, you aslo oobersli.

Spark
  • chrismaddox3d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    chrismaddox3d polycounter lvl 17
    spark yeah sorry about that,im working 7 days a week now,
    i really want to make some more friends around polycount and around dfw area,been living up since 2004 is all,
    just recent moved to mckinney and my wife and i bought a house there,
    yep im the noob:) Thanks,Chris