Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

WIP - Domwar2 Grave Dancing

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
RazorBladder polycounter lvl 18
I'm developing a back-catalogue of dusty, half-baked stool.
Therefore, I've decided I should finish 'em off and kick 'em out, the "Bom Chicka Wah Wah" is killing me.

I pulled outta DomWar2 due to more pressing matters, now time has opened it's pearly gates.

Concept:
domwar2_concept.jpg

Hi-Poly WIP:
domwar2_s4.jpg

Updates will occur, spontaneously wink.gif

Replies

• Keg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Keg polycounter lvl 18
    his ass looks really flat and the poor guy doesn't even get a bump for a crotch frown.gif

Looking like a good start. I'll leave crits about the hips and boots for now as I am assuming they're still early on.
  • RazorBladder
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Just thought I'd post better renders from max, I hate mudboxes lack of rendering/anti-aliasing.
    1.5 million pollies suck for performance frown.gif

domwar2_sr4.jpg
  • Spark
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Spark polycounter lvl 18
    Razor, this is looking pretty good man, though I think certian areas need to get the love a little more. The shoulder and leg horns, feel like they are tacked on, and do not feel like they are ripping through the flesh. Also the buttock area is also on the flat side ( but maybe you don't like junk in the trunk:) ) Just go over your anatomy a bit, and this guy is a win, as I really like the concept, and what you have so far.

Spark
  • Jaco
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jaco polycounter lvl 17
    Looking good so far, that thing in his stomach freaks me out. Is that a head poking out of there? crazy.gif
  • spider2cool
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    spider2cool polycounter lvl 18
    i know he is going to have a cloth there....but is that a vagina? I now understand why he is so pissed off. ok in all seriousness...your skizzils are off the hook man! i am diggin the arm vein detail. can not wait to see it done.
  • D4V1DC
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    D4V1DC polycounter lvl 18
    Love the design and all though if you think about it he can never put his hands down... he would slice his own arms with those lovely looking spikes on his thighs. If you were to adjust them towards his back then he might get a chance to lower them without fear smile.gif.

Otherwise very nice design & the highpoly is looking sharp.
  • RazorBladder
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bump from the dead!
    Seeing DH_ come back with progress on his WoW entry, it reminded me I had an old hagged project of my own dying on my hard-drive somewhere.

domwar2_texwip1.jpg

Starting the texturing process, full of ugly seams and slapped together.
    Just wanna show the thing and hopefully finish it before this years domwar starts :P
  • RazorBladder
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    domwar2_texwip2.jpg

More progress, starting to come together.
  • Snowfly
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Snowfly polycounter lvl 18
    I like it man, cool design idea and interesting color choices. Proportion wise, I hope you're steering it back towards the concept, the 3D version has a very ordinary build.

If I may be imposing for a moment, here's a quicky paintover. Couldn't resist. smile.gif

razor-paintover.jpg
  • RazorBladder
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks a lot Snowfly, the paintover certainly helped. Whilst I won't be taking on all the alterations, I think I've adapted the issues that needed addressing the most.
    Here's another update, last one for today... it's 10am for christ sakes. zZzZz.

domwar2_texwip3.jpg
  • Wells
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wells polycounter lvl 18
    his belly-mouth seems a bit too abrupt to me. it's all BAM - MOUTH! perhaps integrate it a bit more into the surrounding flesh?

his hip bones are too low, without enough room below them, and too wide when compared to the rest of him. he doesn't look emaciated or gaunt as much as just having those two protrusions stuck on a healthy body.

face could be a tad bit wider, as snowfly pointed out.

texture warping is very apparent on all his leathers, especially the buckles on his boots. they bring down the overall quality of the piece.

watch those seams at his shoulder.

he's coming along nicely, time to kick it up a notch, though!
  • rooster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rooster mod
    nice work man! agree with the crits, but it's an evil looking bugger smile.gif. One thing about the face, I think you should look closely at snowfly's paintover again- it is wider but also the brow and eye shape is slightly different and it just gives it that little more 'evil intent'