Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Some stuff for class.

polycounter lvl 17
Offline / Send Message
culturedbum polycounter lvl 17
Hey guys here is a couple of things I been working on for my finals.
gun_greandes.jpg
gun_grenades2.jpg

Thought I would put a screen cap instead of a render so I could show close to in-game feel.

Replies

• Jesse Moody
    Offline / Send Message
    Jesse Moody polycounter lvl 17
    nice stuff but an we see some without wireframes on them?
  • ghost-d
    Offline / Send Message
    ghost-d polycounter lvl 17
    Nice texture work. Did you use only Photopaint or did you also use DeepPaint or something like that? I´m wondering, because I want to start texturing as soon as I get a tablet so I´d like to know what´s the most common method.
  • culturedbum
    Offline / Send Message
    -Oh yeah for sure Jesse, Ill post them later though cause Im away from my computer at the moment.
    -ghost- I use photoshop all the time, but i also started using body paint recently. Pretty much what i do in a nut shell is m to make a lighting map first; then I take it into photoshop and lay down the base colors, I then making sure it looks as intended I emphasize some of the highlights and shadows and apply some subtle overlays and final details...
  • Spark
    Offline / Send Message
    Spark polycounter lvl 18
    Culturedbum, looking pretty good man, I would say that you need to vary up the texture some. As of now the smoke grenades feel like you are mirroring each poly to a section ( which I am sure is not the case ) so I would suggest making the smoke grenade more interesting by adding some varied details, and using a alpha plane to do the type over the grenade. If you can, post some flats to show how your laying out your uv's, as that is an area that alot of people can give you good tips on. Post some without the wires also, so we can see how yoru objects look:) Again, good stuff.

Spark
  • snap.crackle.pop
    Offline / Send Message
    snap.crackle.pop polycounter lvl 18
    For me, i kinda like it, pretty well made
  • culturedbum
    Offline / Send Message
    Spark-Once again, thanks man, and my other model Ill be still refining as I go.
    -snap.crackle.pop-Thanks for your kind words, do you have a homepage?

Here is the models without wires.....
    gun_grenades3.jpg
    Enjoy...Ahh right the uv's let me dig them up and post them later. wink.gif
  • snap.crackle.pop
    Offline / Send Message
    snap.crackle.pop polycounter lvl 18
    "Thanks for your kind words, do you have a homepage?"

Man no problem your work is class, no i don't have an homepage for now, i've just done a few characters so far so im a little shy to show them, but this summer im going to show more stuff i have as time permits me.