Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Necromancer WIP(update 2)

buddikaman
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
buddikaman polycounter lvl 18
Im redoing the models for a unreal MOD, this is the Necromancer, heres a rough concept i drew, heres the model thus far, and last is the current model. Im aware his body porportions are a bit off, but appreciate any crits or suggestions, thanks.

Concept

necro1xe6.jpg

Model WIP

modelnecro1be2.jpg

modelnecro2pc9.jpg

modelnecro4jf6.jpg

modelnecro3zr4.jpg

Current model(in game)

1necroyg9.jpg

-Buddikaman-

Replies

• Ott
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ott polycounter lvl 13
    As long as you don't try to take credit for the concept or idea, I think it's a good start.

t5warlockhumanhk4.jpg
  • oobersli
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oobersli polycounter lvl 17
    the waist/hip area could use a bit more bulk,
  • buddikaman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The concept is mostly for inspiration its not a model sheet, and yes its inspired from WoW, the model itself however will only have slight aspects from that, as i come up with orignal aspects to add to him, it should end up looking quite different.

-Buddikaman-
  • Baddcog
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Baddcog polycounter lvl 9
    Looks pretty good. I don't think you have to worry about 'stealing' that idea, quite different. Sure there are similarities robe, spikes on pouldrons. Those aren't exactly new concepts and I'm sure they were around before Wow.
  • Oleg Linkov
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I think waist area should be much wider

necro.jpg

if you're going for some special 'style' then nevermind me.
  • buddikaman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Here is the necro at 85% complete, give or take. I cant decide if i want the spikes on both sides of the shoulders, the skulls on both sides, or like it is now with one and the other. I also have two variations of the head, with one being the cloth & crown(like it is now) or the hood, but think i prefer the look i have now as it shows the face more.Looking at the pics now i see i need to make his body wider, sorry bout that! Opinions and crits appreciated, as always!

modelnecro1sw6.jpg

modelnecro2ax5.jpg

modelnecro3cs3.jpg

-Buddikaman-
  • zenarion
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    zenarion polycounter lvl 17
    You seem to have a lot of Samwise-concepting going on there. Not that he is bad, he just never considers anatomy.
    I agree with the rest of the thread, the hips should be wider, since they are wide on your concept as well.