Home Artists Looking For Work

Weapon Animator Required

Krenzo
polycounter lvl 17
Offline / Send Message
Krenzo polycounter lvl 17
I'm in dire need of a weapon animator for Empires, a released mod for Half-Life 2. You must be able to animate all necessary sequences for first person weapon animations (draw, reload, fire, go to/from iron sights) and must be able to compile the animations into Half-Life 2's smd format. Payment will be negotiated depending on your skill and how soon you can complete the animations.

Replies

• Joao Sapiro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joao Sapiro sublime tool
    this is in the wrong section. This is PAYED work only.
  • Psyk0
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Psyk0 polycounter lvl 18
    Oh noes, fear the turd police! Stalky!
  • Joao Sapiro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joao Sapiro sublime tool
    counter-stalking !
  • Krenzo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Krenzo polycounter lvl 17
    There, I made it more obvious that payment was available. Are you satisfied?
  • Joao Sapiro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joao Sapiro sublime tool
    sorry to sounding to rash :P its just that this is usually for serious projects ( sstudios etc ) and usually mods arent taken very serious when they offer payment since it is regularly VERY low.
  • LawDogs
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    LawDogs polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    sorry to sounding to rash :P its just that this is usually for serious projects ( sstudios etc ) and usually mods arent taken very serious when they offer payment since it is regularly VERY low.

[/ QUOTE ]

Many many many freelance artists who are just starting are competitive in their pricing and usually accept low payment and mods are the perfect place to start. Some mods look very high quality that puts shame on some retail games. Mods deserve the respect, that's where the starting point for many of us trying to make it in this industry.
  • Thurban
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    very true, I've been doing freelance on several projects for a few months now, as I have just graduated from college. (SCAD for those of you that went.) The mod community has been awesome for getting work. A few times I've worked on one project, and that team has sent my name over to someone else they know needs work done. Still it's not the full time gig I'm looking for but it's a hell of a good way to start out and build up or round out that demo reel.

Just be sure you get a contract of some kind, I've gotten taken for a ride and lost out in some cases. It ain't all roses.