Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Character WIP - C&C Please.

Heres a WIP of a Frankenstein Im messing around with.

Appreciate you all taking a look. Thanks.

m1ND

Profilecopy.jpg

3quartercopy.jpg

Front.jpg

Replies

• Jaco
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jaco polycounter lvl 17
    Looking ok so far, just a bit chubby. Unless that's what your'e going for. The profile is a bit strange though, I've done a paintover:

ProfileCorr.jpg
  • Jeremy Lindstrom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeremy Lindstrom polycounter lvl 18
    watch the border down the center, you'll need to merge the center verts, it looks like a similiar model I made messing around with the gnomon face modeling for games. laugh.gif Good job tho.
  • Michael Knubben
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jaco: i actually think what he has now is a lot better than your overpaint. It's up to him wether he follows it or not, ofcourse, but i hope he doesn't.
    The ears look a bit funny in the front view, and the screws could use some more definition (silhouette-wise. The ones in his temples wont even really register as being seperate geometry, i bet)
    Aside from that and a bit of cleanup, it looks good.
    I like his expression(or lack of, heh)
  • Jaco
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jaco polycounter lvl 17
    MightyPea: Yeah you’re right, it lacks character and doesn't exactly scream Frankenstein. Basically what I wanted to show is that the jaw is squashed, the back of the head should protrude more than the front and the ears are a bit too high up.
  • m1ND
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Good eye Dekard, Im a big fan of the Gnomons, and prefer some of the modeling methods used in it compared to the way i modeled before :P. It all depends on my tri budget.

and ye i didnt bother to merge the center as i was till making changes to it and playing around with it, next time i shouldnt be so lazy laugh.gif

Mightypea - you are absolutely right as far as silhouette goes those pieces arent reading very well, I am going to change that.

the ears will come down as well - you guys are absolutely right, they are too high. Originally it was for character, but i believe it will look better with them down.

Thanks doods, appreciate the feed back and will be making changes.

m1nd
  • Jeremy Lindstrom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeremy Lindstrom polycounter lvl 18
    here's where I was when I was messing with a similar idear.. laugh.gif

face2.jpg