Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Brutal Screens

polycounter lvl 19
Offline / Send Message
TorQue[MoD] polycounter lvl 19
Hey guys!

Thought I'd put up some screens and character renders of the game so far.

http://www.surrogateinteractive.com/brutal_collage.jpg

We're hoping to have our demo (read alpha) finished by the end of the summer and we're looking for some people to help with prop models (Gargoyles, Trees, Cars etc.) so if anyone is interested, please send me an e-mail torque_mod@surrogateinteractive.com

You can visit the website at http://brutal.surrogateinteractive.com

Replies

• technodookie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    technodookie polycounter lvl 17
    Bane vs. a hairy Goro! Awesome!
  • TorQue[MoD]
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ha! Love that comparison! Actually, Kraylor is mostly going to be in a centaur position in the final, but for the demo it was easier to make him a biped type.

And being the Batman fan I am I can't believe I didn't think of the Bane Association for Juice :P
  • Davision3D
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Davision3D polycounter
    Very cool designed characters.
    Im curious how the gameplay mix will work.
  • cholden
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cholden polycounter lvl 18
    I like your characters, completely over-the-top, living toons. Lots of style and could fit well in Serious Sam's universe.

The environment on the other hand, is completely boxey, brown, sterile and for a lack of a better word "boring". I can't say why there's such a style difference between the environments and characters unless you just want the characters to stand out a lot, but I'd seriously invest some time into some crazy worlds to better compliment the exciting characters.
  • TorQue[MoD]
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Well the environment is a Work in Progress though I do see what you mean about not matching the characters in terms of outlandish style and design. I'll link the mapper to this thread and see what he thinks about your comment.

Thanks for the honest feedback.
  • The Umbrella Man
    The character models are technically impressive, though a little out of proportion and kinda unappealing, but it may be a style choice so it may mean nothing in the end.

The one thing I can critique for sure is the enviroment, I don't mind much that it's a little under developed, but the fact that it all seems to be one texture bothers me immeadiatly because there may actually be more detail then we can see because it's obscured by the one tiling texture, you seriously need some trim textures, floor, and ceiling textures before anyone can seriously critique this thing.
  • TorQue[MoD]
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yes, we're definitely working on more textures for the map. Its about 60% finished at the moment so there's still lots more work to do. I'll post up some more screens as it progresses. We're also doing what we can to make the style a little more intersting instead of a basic square design.
    The original influence was a greek temple, but we're playing with that more to give it a unqiue style.