Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

WIP:NextGen character model:Maya Warrior.

polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
darth.perry polycounter lvl 11
15005453-test6.jpg

Hello,Everyone,here is my new exercises:)The concept from one movie that named apocalypto:)
please crit:)
Just do it for my new tablet:)
And thanks for all:)

Replies

• conte
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    conte polycounter lvl 18
    nice job, as i already said at msn.
    i think nipples could be upper than now, and he have white nails(check that)
  • cholden
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cholden polycounter lvl 18
    Hey, I saw this on CGtalk. It looks good, but I have a question. Can you post a front/side view of the character (not perspective)?

I ask cause something looks odd about the legs, but I can't tell if that's just camera angle.

Couple things concerning the back: from behind, he has huge (lower) lats (rowing the boat a lot, eh?). but from the front, he appears "ribby". The transition between ribcage and lats is somewhat lost here. Cleaning that up would help.

Second, he has little to no spinal erectors. These are the muscles that run vertically along the outside of the spine. This muscle indicates strength in lifing heavy things off the ground (lots of natural strength) as his large thighs say he's done.

Anyway, looks good, just some physical nitpicks.
  • Panupat
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Panupat polycounter lvl 15
    His legs have really weird shape. The thigh's so huge, I can't really see his knee cap and it doesn't look balance with the tiny lower legs.
  • cyi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cyi polygon
    This guy is looking good, but there are a few issues with him as others have stated. Here's what I've noticed: Quads are definitely too huge compared to the lower legs/calves. Slim them down a bit, since a warrior would do a lot of running around which would make him more slender, and less like a power lifter/body builder. Also, his thumb is very stumpy compared to his other fingers. Another thing I noticed is that you're having some alpha issues with the spikey fringe on his collar thing. I've had the same problem but never figured out what was going on. Are you using Maya? I really like the musculature on the front of the torso. Just massage it a bit and you'll have a really nice model to show off.
  • darth.perry
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    darth.perry polycounter lvl 11
    hi,I am back:)
    First,all i wanna say is,Thanks for all very much!I am happy for you can give me many comment!It almost make my cry.......Thanks again!
    ok,i has finished the texture and model,i am try to fix all the problem and make it looks more nice:)please crit:)
    And,thanks for all people who comment my works,Thank you!and thank god too!:)
    17002633-Maya_warrior_final.jpg
  • fritz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    fritz polycounter lvl 18
    i would revisit his thumbs. lay your hand down flat on a table with your fingers straight and together. look where your thumb rests in relation to your index finger. then apply that to your model. his thumbs look a little stumpish.
  • Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jesse Moody polycounter lvl 17
    he has toight butt cheeks. toight like a tiger
  • HonkyPunch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HonkyPunch polycounter lvl 18
    They have to be toight, with all the spanish men wandering around
  • TorQue[MoD]
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TorQue[MoD] polycounter lvl 19
    Looks awesome so far! Only thing I would say is what ppenguin said... his thighs look too big compared to the calves.
    Oh, and his nipples are about an inch too low.
  • monkeyboy_garth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    monkeyboy_garth polycounter lvl 9
    Hey!

I think the dimply skin areas on his legs (and some parts of his body) need to be scaled down in size and possibly intensity. They're making his skin look like chicken drumstick skin.

I would also watch where you are putting veins. They seem to be popping up everywhere, even on his shins! Use a slightly sharper brush and stick to using them only where you typically see them.

His toenails seem too white as well (unless that's part of his makeup routine) wink.gif

Well done so far!