Home Collaboration & Unpaid Work

Turn Based NextGen Strategy looking for artists

polycounter lvl 19
Offline / Send Message
Brice Vandemoortele polycounter lvl 19
Hi there smile.gif
"requests" seems like the dark corner of polycount, I still hope a few people read those boards smile.gif
We've all been asked by people "hey pliz i'm 14 join my revolutionnary MMORPG looking like FF, look I'm already learning C++"... right
Guess what? this time it's my turn
Well at least this is not my first attempt, I hope that makes a little more credibility ^^ (you could browse here for example, never easy to convince people to work for free ^^
Well enought, let me introduce the project smile.gif

FMP is a turn based strategy game. A few units, a rich environnement, a simple and efficient gameplay, wrap in a cool eye candy nextGen look smile.gif
See? no complex rigging, enormous levels, no endless list of assets, no fancy engine nobody can handle...
We are aiming for a small, efficient but most of all "doable" little game to get our hands on nextgen pipeline in a free project.
We're a team of cg professionals and students in cg, atm just a preprod core of 8 people, mostly artists but also our two senior programmers. They brought us the enormous flexibility of using their own in-house engine (KJapi), programming modules, plugins, shaders for our project. They've done an amazing work so far, coding so very cool new concepts, especially in shaders and lighting solutions. We hope it will amaze these boards in a few smile.gif
Most of the team is french speaking but everyone is fluent in english and will welcome you as you deserve :P Right now the project gather people from Belgium, France and Singapore.

The project began months ago and we are slowly getting out of proprod stage. We are now willing to extend our team with a few more artists.

We're especially looking for an experienced concept artist and a texture/shader artist, wich are too few in the team atm smile.gif
Concept art is mostly about machines, retro-future looking tanks, spaceships etc smile.gif have a look at some of the existing concepts down this thread smile.gif
So if you're a motivated and talented artist, with a strong 2d knowledge, willing to find a cool side project as we do, this is for you ^^
Don't be affraid, these are not full time or exigent in time, but it surely is from a quality point of view smile.gifYou'll be able to work at you own rhythm and we'll surely make sure to fit your own schedule. The project should be runnning until march 2008.

If you are interested and think we could make a good game together, send us a mail at brice@mentalwarp.com smile.gif

Thanks for your attention gentlemen ^^ (and ladies too)

Here are some screenshots of WIP assets. These are mostly maya viewports with custom cgFX, but you could get early ingame screenShots HERE.
These do not show the actual final quality of the game, most, if not all main features are not displayed, including dynamic SH ambient, per pixel fog, terrain shaders etc. Most of them are ready now, we just haven't take screenShots since :P We'll get rid of that obvious burned/overexposed look as soon as we'll get our hands on the level design and finer tuning wink.gif

fmpConcept01.jpg
fmpConcept02.jpg
fmpConcept03.jpg
fmpPontonWip.jpg
fmpRocksWip.jpg
fmpTankWip.jpg
fmpVedetteWip.jpg

Enjoy ^^

Replies