Home Technical Talk

Zbrush Question : How do I keep my texture visible

Jesster
polycounter lvl 17
Offline / Send Message
Jesster polycounter lvl 17
Question : How do I keep my texture visable while deforming the high resolution mesh?

I have a black and white line drawing with designs of a sword applied as a texture to my low resolution model in 3ds Max. I import the OBJ of the sword mesh and apply the texture to it. Then I select Tool -> Geometry -> and then select the Divide button enough times to set the Sdiv setting up to 6. When I start to use the standard (std) brush to trace the design to create an etched look into the mesh to make a normal map the texture looks like it is getting erased.

Thanks
-=J=-

Replies

• Mongrelman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mongrelman polycounter lvl 18
    Hmm, have you got "RGB" highlited as well as "Add" at the top of your screen? If so, you are deforming the mesh and painting at the same time, so just turning it off should work (crosses fingers).
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    Yeah, what Lupus said is most likely the problem.
  • Jesster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jesster polycounter lvl 17
    Yep, changing the Draw to "M" not "Mrgb" or "Rgb" fixed my issue!

Zbrush_Post_001.gif

Thanks
  • Mongrelman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mongrelman polycounter lvl 18
    Might as well turn M of aswell. M is material, RGB is colour, MRGB is material and colour. So if you wanted to paint parts as say, red metal, you would have MRGB on, metal material selected and a colour. If you turn ADD off, then when you paint you are just giving the painted areas a metal material look with a red colour. If you just have M, you're just painting the metal material on without the colour. Since you're just after sculpting, there's no need to have M on.

Just FYI.