Home Technical Talk

3dmax 8 Rigging Problem

I've finished my rigging using bones for my char. then i just realised that there's something wrong with my poly model, so i go back to editable poly modifier & fix it.

But,
when i try to move my bones the obj won't follow, i check the envelope & vertex weight < all is corret. but still the obj not moving when i move the bone.

anybody can help me??? thx

Replies

• MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    Did you add an editable poly modifier on top of the stack? Or did you edit the model underneath the skin/physique modifier?
  • sovers
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sovers polycounter lvl 16
    don't forget to release the buttons after edit the mesh (vertex, edge, border, polygon, element) before to select the skin modifier again.
    (sorry for the bad English)
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    If you made a selection and didn't exit sub object mode before going back up the stack, it will screw up your skin/physique modifier. I'm not sure if skin or physique has a "ignore stack selection" check box or not. If it doesn't just go back down to edit poly and either select everything or close it out properly.

Also if you add or delete vert or polys you will can screw up the modifiers higher in the stack also. Each face, vert and edge are assigned numbers, the modifiers use those numbers to build their calculations off of. When you delete polys or add it will renumber everything and what the modifier thinks is vert 101 is really 98 now, so all the info gets jumbled up. Only one way to fix that, reskin it and this time be sure you don't need to change anything.
  • Nikko
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thx for the reply,
    i'll try to finish my model 1st before i rig again