Home Collaboration & Unpaid Work

Experienced Programmer Looking To Make YOUR Game..

polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
archangelmorph polycounter lvl 11
FIRSTLY..
I've been browsing these boards for a couple of months, every now and again just to admire the sheer quality of work that the artist around exhibit and it's really impressive..

MY PROPOSAL..
I've recently been playing around with Microsoft's XNA playform for video game's development and after spending some time familiarising myself with it, I've decided to jump in and build a full fledged game. So basically i'm looking for a talented and creative artist (or two) who would like to spend the next couple/several months collaborating with me on creating a complete game based on the XNA platform.

HOW WILL IT WORK..?
The arrangement would be that i'd work with you to flesh out a proposal from you, either based on concept work you've done previously (a model you did and would like to see it made into a game for example) or working to develop the basic premise together. Then we'd proceed to implement the game with me doing all the code work and you doing the art.. My reasoning for adopting this solution is due to the fact that after working with people in the past on several small projects similar to this, I've found that it's much easier for your team members to remain passionate and motivated to complete a project when it is, in essense their own, and therefore I'd like to give you that opportunity by helping to create the game you've always dreamed of doing..

ABOUT ME..
I'm an experienced programmer based in the UK with several years programming experience in a variety of languages (C/C++, Java, Pascal, VB, C# etc..) I've been doing games programming for a couple of years and have worked on several small demos (both 2D & 3D & doing all the art by myself with my experience in pixel art and limited skills with studiomax..) by myself & with others during that time. I'm very serious and passionate about games and I spend most hours of the day developing them (both as a profession and in during my leisure time..)

COMPENSATION..?
I currently do not offer any compesation other than my services as a programmer to help build a quality game on XNA (which for what it's worth will run on Xbox360 once I purchase the creator's club subscription..)

PROJECT DURATION..?
This all depends on the size and scope of the game (which I will actively work to keep down so that the project is manageable, i'm not looking to make an MMORPG or the next Final Fantasy here..) but as development will be casual for the most part I don't expect to finish before at least 2-4 months. I plan to work towards getting an alpha build up and running around that time frame (3 months approx) which we can then proceed to polish and improve to raise the level of quality to production standard. However communication is key and thus I expect to maintain a sufficient level over the course of development which will require adaquate commitment from both sides..

CONTACT INFO..?
If you're interested in this project then please feel free to contact me on either of my email addresses below and i'll respond promptly.

Thankyou for taking the time to read my post and hopefully I can recieve a good response in due course..

Regards,

<Details removed>

Replies

• aesir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aesir polycounter lvl 18
    I've been looking for someone like you, but im really really busy right now. I'll hold on to your e-mail for future contacting.
  • archangelmorph
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    archangelmorph polycounter lvl 11
    UPDATE:

Just wanted to say thankyou to all that sent me an email and i'm now under way working on a very exciting project with a very talented artist..

Thanks again for the interest expressed and I hope if I have time in the future to do something like this again then I'll be back..

Regards,

<details removed>