Home Technical Talk

3ds 9: Problems with custom Quads!

Miguelito
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Miguelito polycounter lvl 18
Hi there,
I love Max. Really. But sometimes there are those moments of full hate, anger, pain!
Sometimes when I want to set up a custom quad , it works. then sometimes it does not! I dunno why!
For example. I have my modeling stuff on CTRL+Q (plz no laming here, there's my left hand, it is my workflow smile.gif...). It worked fine until yesterday. I set up a new Quad on CTRL+ALT+Q for several plugins. Saved it to the MaxStart.mnu. It worked. But now the other modeling-quad does not work even more! Even if I assign it to another hotkey! I tried reassigning, saving to ame_dark.mnu etc etc.
It doesnt want to work anymore!
I had this problems several times now. I always got it around somehow without knowing what I did different. And now my patience has come to an end.

maybe someone knows whats going on here!

THX

Daniel

Replies

• Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I really don't understand the problem, but does the "keyboard shortcut override toggle" have anything to do with it? Also does it work in sub object mode but not in object mode or vice versa?

You might need to print out the keyboard shortcut list and double, triple check every custom key setting, you might have overwritten something by mistake? SP1 is out for Max9 I doubt it will solve all the problems of the world, after all it caused me to reinstall max which in and of itself solved a memory issue I was having.

Ctrl-Q... >snicker<...

psst Alt-F4 auto unwraps and textures your models for you... hehe

Ok I'm done.
  • Miguelito
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Miguelito polycounter lvl 18
    Nope the override toggle doesnt make the problem. And it should work in sub object mode smile.gif.

Alt-F4?! Awesome! Gotta give it a try wink.gif