Home General Discussion

Silo 2.0 Beta 9 out for public

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Rick Stirling polycounter lvl 18
http://www.silo3d.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10064

They've fixed everything I pointed out.

As usual, you need a licensed version of 1.4 for this to work.

Replies

• MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    Awesome, cheers for the heads up Rick. I hope they get the chance to make the loop/ring select features work when hovering over an edge in Multi select mode... at the moment it works without selecting in edge mode, but not in multi mode...
  • IronHawk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    IronHawk polycounter lvl 10
    Sweet.. going there right now.
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joshua Stubbles polycounter lvl 19
    sweet. I wanted to check out their displacement mapping.
    Thanks
  • Super
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Super polycounter lvl 18
    Another release, another piss poor performance on my machine. 20k mesh and it navigates at about 15 frames a second, even less when the workspace is in quad view. I can load a 800k mesh into Maya no problem, so it can't be my hardware. I wish they'd take such issues more seriously.
  • LoTekK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    LoTekK polycounter lvl 17
    There's more they need to take care of than just performance. The UVing is nice, but I'm finding it an extremely simple task to break my unwraps, and the fact that geometry changes to the mesh don't show up in the uv islands (even something as simple as turning an edge) can be rather frustrating. Refining subd also completely destroys UVs.

The displacement, as far as I can see, is still calculated in world space, which is another stickler. The big one, though, displacement-wise, is still the fact that displacement data gets lost anytime a geometry-change takes place.

Interestingly enough, I seem to be seeing reduced performance in the newest beta, over previous ones, especially when zoomed in (which is exceedingly strange, since the slowdown occurs when I'm most zoomed in, and most of the mesh is outside of the viewport).