Home General Discussion

Old Mac os games

CMB
CMB
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
CMB polycounter lvl 18
a long time ago when I was a little boy we owned a Mac Os(lime green). For one of my birthdays I recieved an expensive cd with 1000 mac games and it was freaking amazing. Also my favorite game heroes of might and magic 1.

Then one day playing quake with a friend of mine he spilled my moms coffee on the mac and since then it's never worked.

I've gone through another pc or two since then but never a mac. I'd really like to play those mac only games again. I'm trying to find some kind of emulator to play mac os games on a windows xp but no luck. I can still use the old mac but not by its self. You need a new mac and you hook it up. So i can still extract stuff.

So if anyone has a solution please help out.

Replies

• Justin Meisse
    Offline / Send Message
    Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 19
    lolz, the iMac came out in 1998 back when dinosaurs roamed the earth. Try calling the local paper, we used to give away our old machines we couldn't use any more.
  • CheapAlert
    Offline / Send Message
    CheapAlert polycounter lvl 18
    STUNTCOPTER STUNTCOPTER STUNTCOPTER STUNTCOPTER STUNTCOPTER STUNTCOPTER STUNTCOPTER STUNTCOPTER STUNTCOPTER STUNTCOPTER also bolo and netrek

As for emulators I haven't emulated PowerPCs myself yet though it is possible to mess with OS 9.1 and X on a Windooz pc, i only bothered emulating an ol 68k system 7.5.5 with Basilisk II
  • animatr
    Offline / Send Message
    animatr polycounter lvl 18
    you should have just kicked your friends ass. that's what i would have done smile.gif
  • CMB
    Offline / Send Message
    CMB polycounter lvl 18
    Ha ha actually he was an asshole back then. During the school talent show I snuck out, looked in his desk for his cd player(also dinosaur era) and took a pee on his headphones.

True story.
  • gavku
    Offline / Send Message
    gavku polycounter lvl 18
    The only game I ever remember playing on a mac was Dark Castle and Beyond Dark Castle...
  • jgarland
    Back in '97, my mom had purchased a brand new Powerbook 1400 for work purposes. She also bought me a "Mac ValuePak" which had a bunch of games and a few demos included, figuring I could play them occasionally when she wasn't using it. My eight-year-old self quickly commandeered the laptop as my own and I soon knew how to use it better than she did.

I can remember playing Frankenstein: Through the Eyes of the Monster, Myst, and Descent. I used to love those games, even if I could never get very far (mostly due to being scared of Frankenstein laugh.gif).

That laptop is also, in a roundabout sort of way, the reason I'm here now, working to make video games for a living.

Edit: I just realized that I basically derailed the thread, seeing as you were just asking for an emulator, not a trip down memory lane. grin.gif I took a look around for emulators, but the best I could find was SheepShaver, a PowerPC emulator for Linux. If you're willing to make a separate Linux partition, this should suit your needs.
  • Ferg
    Offline / Send Message
    Ferg polycounter lvl 17
    MARATHON

MYTH

gogogogof
  • CMB
    Offline / Send Message
    CMB polycounter lvl 18
    No no please do share the memories. I can so relate with that(especialy myth) and hijacking the computer from my mom working.

But what i'm really craving is heroes of might and magic 1.
    If anybody would like to share *cough* torrent *cough* please do.