Home Technical Talk

3D FX Shaders and DirectX SDK

I had a few questions about this. I have installed them and have no idea how to apply them. I need it so that I can get some sort of in game shader on my models. Just because its more convenient to be able to see the shaders in real time and rendered. I am sick of exporting to the engine and having to go back change re export and so on. The directX SDK has been a pain in my ass. It crashes Maya when I load it in version 7.0 and the latest version supports it. I tried all the hacks from some other forums are there any suggestion on how to create .fx/.x file types from .obj so that I can use the DirectX viewer for my models? It would be a good work around for now until the new DirectX viewer comes out for version 8.5. Here is the error I get before i have to terminate or let it crash Maya.

error X-3539: ps_1_x is not supported in the version of the compiler memory (125,23):ID3DXEffectCompiler::CompileEffect: There was an error compiling expression ID3DXEffectCompiler: Compilation failed

Any help is GREATLY appreciated. I've been wrestling with this crap for a couple of weeks now.