Home Full time/Part time work

Exis Inc Hiring - Fulltime Environment Artist

greentooth
Offline / Send Message
PeterK greentooth
Exis Is a Maryland (USA) based developer. We have created commercial games and serious games. Our focus is now on creating amazing art assets for our clients. We are looking for experienced Environment to work on site, and potentially telecommute.

please send resume to info@exisinteractive.com

required:
* Excellent knowledge of 3dsmax, bones and character studio.
* Strong portfolio, demo reel, or website demonstrating high quality animations.
* Show willingness and aptitude to learn new techniques, best practices, etc.
* strong understanding of normal mapping, specular mapping, and all modern texture processing.

Would be nice:
Knowledge of shader creation.

Replies

• Jarrod1937
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jarrod1937 polycounter lvl 15
    i am not applying for the job, but i am curious as to why you made extensive knowledge of bones and character studio a requirement for an environment artist? i am wanting to get into the industry at some point in my future and am just curious if this is truly a requirement for most environment jobs. i do have basic knowledge of both bones and character studio, but nothing i would consider "excellent knowledge". however i am willing to learn more if this will be a requirement i will have to face in the future.
    and once again i apologize if this is not the place for my question.
  • tremulant
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    tremulant polycounter lvl 17
    looks like this is supposed to be for an animation job...Am i wrong?
  • animatr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    animatr polycounter lvl 18
    yeah, the first 3 sound like animation, and the last requirement, sounds like artist...
    and the shader creation requirement, sounds like tech artist...
  • PeterK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PeterK greentooth
    you might be required to create some animated environment objects (not often) . It's decent to know how to rig something anyway.

shader creation is just a nice little bonus item, it's not a must have or anything smile.gif.