Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Goofy Dog Handler

Hey, this is a character I just finished up except for some detailing. Hes 'supposed' to be a very goofy lookin pear shaped WW2 US Dog Handler so his proportions are a bit wacky. Almost like a "Gomer Pile", if I am spelling that right. 1180tris. Hes got a black "K9" wrap in his left arm that you really can't see that well. He needs a bit more dirt on him, and the ambient is up all the way, so hes blown out in these shots.

goofyusdoghandler.jpg

doghandlergeo.jpg

Replies

• allyx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    allyx polycounter lvl 17
    I am not a professional artist, but I feel the texture color looks rather dull, but that just could be style decision. If you don't have a specific poly limit perhaps you could just triangulate and/or push the geometry in the lower pant legs so that it flows a little more with the wrinkles, or change the texture wrinkles.

Does anyone buy models from Game-Ready? The models seem cheap, but the texture quality seems kind of unfinished. This model does fit the Game-Ready average model. At least the site is not over saturated with bad models, and unorganized like Turbosquid.

Where is the dog handler's dog?
  • gameready
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @allyx - I totally hear ya. I really need to detail him up more and pop his color out. the pants I didn't spend much time on, so I need to revisit them.

I recently made Game-Ready both for myself and other artists to post their work as an alternative to TurboSquid. I am sick of them taking 50%. Mostly its my art so far, lots and lots of WIPs, and textures that are 'not so there' yet. wink.gif but, I am starting to get other artists up there. If anyone wants to host a few characters/props up there feel free to contact me. Preferably lowres and rigged. Payment goes to your paypal account.

I am actually working on the dog now. This is for an indie developer for the Wii. I appreciate your comments, and I will definately revisit his texture.
  • seankaremaker
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I personally like the style of this character, i think the face isn't perfect but it is good, i think that since you wont be able to animate the face to get various expressions you might want to try and give him A more expressive facial expresion . I do agree that the color is a bit desaturated and because if the style you could explore using A color scheme in the shadow and highlights a bit more, that might make it pop.He kind of reminds me of a character from a Norman Rockwell painting, i like the concept its different.
  • dj snyder
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dj snyder polycounter lvl 14
    Funny!

There's kind of a weird seam on the back of his shirt but model looks cool laugh.gif