Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

VEHICLE [wip]

this is just something i've been working on...
to pass the time. i just wanted some advise on things.

oh and sry for the crappy shots.
i'll get better renders sometime in the future.

01jf2.png

02gk4.png

03ov7.png

04or4.png

05rl3.png

06hj3.png

Replies

• Bensart
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The front of this vehicle looks a little weak. You have the whole front of it baring down on 2 tiny little pistons ahich makes in look fragile. The 2 connectors onto the front wheel look more like suspension arms then something that should support your vehicle. Also why do these arms only stetch as far as the disc break, the support needs to be directed at the center of the wheel and without this it doesn;t read well at all. When I saw this picture loading i assumed there would be an axel between the parts that are extruded at the front to support th e front wheel.

The wing mirrors also look like the would be pretty useless, why are they so small? They almost read as levers in some perspective shots.

If you wanna add some character to this car and emphasise its power double up on the exhausts, add a big ass muffler and make em huge! Add some support to the roll cage. Think about the speed you want this car to achieve and the represent this with the protection the driver would need if he crashes.

Anyway, hope some of that helped, I will crit further if you get around to reposting smile.gif
  • Por@szek
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Por@szek polycounter lvl 18
    Its hard to me to imagine how the driver will come inside car. Also the vehicle is rather heavy, so it would looks a lot better with heavy wheels.
  • Naked Templar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    first off thanx for the crits they were really helpful.
    this is what i've done so far to fix the model, im still not completely happy with the silhouette.

01lh2.png
    02jp5.png
    03hf3.png
  • chinups
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    chinups polycounter lvl 17
    Hey man, the front end still needs some work. Im not sure how you could steer this thing. Read up on suspension and front ends, some formula one car refrence wouldnt hurt either.
  • Naked Templar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    yeah im still trying to figure out how to make this thing turn. im thinking that if one of the pistons pulls and the other pushes at the same time i could work something out.

this is an update.

01qy5.png
  • allyx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    allyx polycounter lvl 17
    Maybe it could have rear wheel steering?
  • culturedbum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    culturedbum polycounter lvl 17
    I like it so far, I would still follow Bensart advice and make the front end a bit stronger, give it another set of shocks that would hold the wheel in place.

I also agree with [email="Por@szek"]Por@szek[/email], the wheels in the rear are a bit too weak for the size of the car. cool.gif
  • spider2cool
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    spider2cool polycounter lvl 18
    for get those sissy poles all together...for real you have these huge "support looking thingies right next to the wheels...you know the big fat beams... have those support the wheel and have the whole front of the vehicle rotate for turning...you know sorta like what motorcycles do. here check this out. I think to make it even better bring the wheel back a little to make it even with those beams. great consept just needs some engineering work.
    seriouslyiz5.jpg
  • Naked Templar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thanx for the suggestion.
    ill see what i can do.
  • Rhinokey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rhinokey polycounter lvl 18
    i vastly disagree with spider on making the whole front steer

when in doubt look to nature for reference. and by nature i mean smelly biker people Trike-Motorcycle-GS250.jpg
    trike.jpg

Arnon%20Trike.jpg
  • spider2cool
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    spider2cool polycounter lvl 18
    ok sure but why have that huge heavy front part? If he goes in that direction, then the big beam things are pointless. but i do see what your getting at.
  • East
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    East polycounter lvl 14
    Actually.. I'm digging that vehicle to a point where I could care less if the mechanics are plausible or not. I'd get on it and drive like crazy even if it wouldn't turn. Just because it looks like something Batman would drive. I'm sucker for all things Batman..

laugh.gif
  • TechSmith
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TechSmith polycounter lvl 18
    Swingarm front end. It's simalar to what you use on sidecar rigs. Also looks dang cool. Just forgo the spar that leads up to the fairing
    asp-fzr.jpg

Hey, I'm a smelly biker guy :P
    Oh yeah, mechanically the earls type fork on the above picture would make a three wheller steer like it has power sterring. A conventional fork would give very slow response.