Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Latest environment C&C welcome

1st post here, been lurking for awhile and just wrapped up work on this environment. I might go back later and add/change some things based on feedback I get. Had to wrap this one up before I go to GDC next week.

So Crits are more than welcome, tear this one apart so I'l know what to work on for next time. Thanks.

scifi1.jpg

scifi2.jpg

scifi4.jpg

scifi5.jpg

scifi6.jpg

scifi8.jpg

scifi9.jpg

Replies

• cholden
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cholden polycounter lvl 18
    Cool. Is this hall is based on that one UT2k4 level?

The walls look good, but the floor and ceiling could use more love. Back entryway seems floaty, like it isn't a part of anything.
  • Savage
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yea Cholden! sweet, I posted this on 2 forums and on one I told where it's inspired from and this one I didn't. Glad you recognized it.
    it's DM-IronDeity from UT2004.

Any thoughts on what else to put on the floor? panels?
  • ChaoticCreature
    That's really nice:) Great looking, Love the "mood" of the environment, dark and somewhat scary corridor;) (I can easily imagine the classic "alien scene" taking place there, a shadow quickly disappears at the end of the corridor, You hear a sound behind you An the same shade rushes by.

The environment actually reminds me of the C&C tiberian sun Cyborg commander.
    post-1721-1150646331.jpg

Anyway great work:) Looking forward to see more environments from you
  • demoncage
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    demoncage polycounter lvl 18
    wow, awesome work man. the only thing that really bothers me is the figure in the doorway. i think it adds a nice eerieness to the first shot, but doesn't hold up as well the closer you get. really like the lighting in the scene. great job smile.gif