Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

My WIP Reel,please crit

fuxer
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
fuxer polycounter lvl 18
I am collecting my old and new models to make a nice reel smile.gif
Since i am learnin anim in the meantime,i decided to rig and animate each model.Enjoy smile.gif
Any crit is welcome.Thanks
http://www.studiogmsoft.com/ree.avi
Updated link,4mb avi file

Replies

• Uly
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Uly polycounter lvl 15
    To soften the blow of this bad news. Here's a smiley wearing glasses. cool.gif

The video is incredibly hard to find from that service, I had to squint to see the link! Critiques after watching...

Edit: Doesn't work in Flash Player for me... I even opened it up in Flash 8 with no luck. Try uploading an H.264 Quicktime video of the reel. That will give you excellent compression at the smallest loss of video quality. That's what they use for movie trailers and stuff.
  • fuxer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    fuxer polycounter lvl 18
    updated link smile.gif
    should be easier now
  • fuxer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    fuxer polycounter lvl 18
    yeah,i cant right now,my only possibility was flv,wich can be viewed with flvplayer.I will upload tomorrow a quicktime movie
    http://www.download.com/FLV-Player/3000-2139_4-10467082.html
  • Rick Stirling
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rick Stirling polycounter lvl 18
    Never, *ever* have it so that someone, anyone has to download software o see your work.

Plus, that link is for PC only software.
  • fuxer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    fuxer polycounter lvl 18
    sorry for the bad conversions lol
    i uploaded a small avi,4mb,everyone should be able to watch it now smile.gif
  • Daz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Daz polycounter lvl 18
    What kind of role are you looking for? For the most part modeling and animation tend to be specialized now. It's rare that you'd find a gig doing both.
    No company looking for a character modeler would give this a second glance. There's just not enough in here. The same applies for an animation position. Consider what you want to specialize in. The modeling seems OK, but the animation is mediocre. What's up with the Popeye edits? It doesn't make any sense. I'd remove all motion and concentrate on turntables If I were you. Unless animation is your passion, in which case, practise smile.gif
  • fuxer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    fuxer polycounter lvl 18
    well im no animator,i am just trying to get better at it.Anyway i am preparing the demo reel to send it to a school.I will include more of each character,like maps used and a turntable.Thanks for the crits though smile.gif
    Oh i forgot to include that this demo reel should show all the things that i have done and what i can do.I will have to include concept arts,games i did and also some commercials.
  • fuxer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    fuxer polycounter lvl 18
    and popeye edits was made by the converter,lol
    its not there in the bigger avi i have
  • flow3d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    flow3d polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    to send it to a school

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with Daz. But if this is "only" for a school, then I think it's looking really good and you're off to a great start of your education!
  • fuxer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    fuxer polycounter lvl 18
    thnks for your crits guys,i will work on some new models because those represented in the reel are kind of old and i want to show how my skills have developed, tnx to forums like this smile.gif
  • jgarland
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I think Daz hit the nail on the head. There's nothing wrong with knowing how to do a bit of animation, but if you're trying to become a modeler, showing animation won't help you at all. In fact, it might hurt your chances, simply because a small, grainy video really isn't showing off your characters in the best way possible. Use nice, big renders of your characters to show them off.

Your models aren't bad. Keep practicing, take our advice with a grain of salt, and you'll do well. smile.gif