Home Collaboration & Unpaid Work

Where to begin?

Hello everyone.
There has been a lot of post in the past with people asking others with developing a game. Most of these people with little experience asking for programming/animators. Well, this post is for those asking for help. For those that have no experience and have a will to learn. I guess what I'm trying to say is you can't depend on others to help you make a game if you have nothing to show. This is why I have decided to take different route. A route where we will arm our selfs with knowledge first and then tackle on more difficult projects as we get better. Well this new team's main focus isn't about trying to create the next Halo or World of Warcraft. This team is made up of beginners that will be learning by exploring, trial and error, and most importantly their peers. This does not mean that I will be the leader since there will really be no real rank structure. (Only advisers, whom are people with some experience who are willing to sacrifice their time to mentor us) One of my other goals is to try and document our learning process. When somebody who is new to game development it can be quite overwhelming, but if we start from square one I believe the newer member will have an easier time understanding, since he will see the process from the beginning. (Makes sense?) The best way to get started is to learn something yourself. I'm no where near a programmer/artist (yet), but like most of you, I'm willing to learn. If this sounds like a project you'd be interested in help with, stop by and visit our forum and take a look around. (It's nothing to special yet, but we need a few to register and grow the community) If you are an experienced person and are willing to share some knowledge and answer a few questions newer members might have, I'm sure everybody would be quite grateful. Everybody is welcome to stop by and drop a line. Suggestions are always welcome.

Team name
AciD Creations

Project name
Nothing yet, but TOGETHER we will decide on what we want to work on.

Target aim
Have fun while learning. I would also like to document small bits of our progress so others who want to get into the development how far we have come, and also see how we did it, and the reasons behind why we did it.

Compensation
Hopefully we'll learn something new from each other

Technology
You don't have to invest any money as there are plenty of free tools in the Internet. Although they don't use the latest cutting edge technology it will do for our small projects. It would be a shame to invest in 3DMax and find out that game developing isn't for you.

Talent needed
Anybody with the will to learn animation, programming, etc.
You don't need any prior experience in anything. We will try to learn from each other.

Team structure
Depends on what you are willing to do, there isn't any yet.

I must warn you this site is fairly new, Register and drop a line. Suggestions are welcome.

Contacts
acid_plasma@yahoo.com

Additional Info
As a new TEAM we will decide together on which project we want to work on.

Feedback
Let me know what you guys think. Thanks!!

Website
AciD CreatioN