Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

The War Witch: Lust For War

Hello again everyone,

The War Witch is another original character that I have created for my campaign. She is the avatar of the queen of evil and was created in Painter 9.5 using a Intuis 3 with the Intuis 6D pen.

Thanks for letting me share it with you,
David Ferguson
Free Wing Studios

W.jpg
W-1.jpg

Replies

• Wells
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wells polycounter lvl 18
    Holy massive melons batman!

The lighting on them looks a little off... seems like the pure white reflection should be on the other one, to match the direction its hitting the rest of her.

That one dark shadow on the side of her face, beneath her cheek is really throwing off how I thought her face was constructed... she doesn't really seem to have corresponding features on the other side. All the highlights on her face generally feel a lot more 'spotty' when compared to the oiled up smoothness of her body.

Her hair should be doing all sorts of interesting reflections as well as her body. She does condition, right?
  • Xaltar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xaltar polycounter lvl 17
    Looks great. Sectaurs is right tho, the lighting is a bit off. I did a little paintover to show a little of what Sectaurs commented on, hope you don't mind wink.gif

porx9.jpg
  • Free Wing Studios
    Thank you both for the helpful critiques. It sure is great to have a fresh set of eyes to offer advice, especially when it is from fellow artists such as yourselves. I took a look at some of the work you guys have posted on these forums and I am very impressed. I am fairly new to these forums but I intend to post here regularly from now on and I look foreward increasing my participation in the polycount community.
  • Snowfly
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Snowfly polycounter lvl 18
    hey david welcome aboard. why so formal? smile.gif

interesting piece, right off these are some things i would work on:
    the color temperature all throughout is hot, would be nice to see some cooler areas in there, maybe even some complementary to really make the hot areas pop. i would also tone down on the saturation a bit...dodowa over at conceptart is a master at contrasting warm and cool, like in this picture: http://www.orbiterdesigner.com/bronzeage/1_1.htm

the pose is balanced but overall i think the figure work could be better, right now it's a clean silhouette with airbrushed gradients, but i'm not getting a sense of real understanding of human anatomy. her arms in particular look inflated as she has very thick wrists and no dents for the inner elbows. would be great to see some rough grayscale renders from you before diving too deeply into render land smile.gif

not a fan of the costume, but whatever floats your boat. keep posting!
  • Free Wing Studios
    Thanks everyone for the helpful critiques, I have repainted a few parts and edited others, hopefully to its benefit.

David Ferguson
    Free Wing Studios™

_Lust-For-War-Web-01-GFX2.jpg
    Lust-For-War-Web-Closeup-01.jpg
  • Naked Templar