Home General Discussion

Bang ! Howdy goes live

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
nitzmoff polycounter lvl 18
The game I've spent the last year working on has officially gone live.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6166346.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=newstop&tag=newstop;title;6

Working at Three Rings is a blast and the whole project so far has been a great experience. The game is most likely not the preferred cup of tea of the polycount crowd, but all the same it is a fun little off beat experience I'm proud to have under my belt.

Unfortunately nearly all the content I produced requires a few bucks to see as it is in the Indian Trading Post expansion that's available now. I made most of the environmental art, all the particle effects, designed and built over 36 levels, came up with two gameplay scenarios and designed a few of the characters. I even cut my teeth in the character art and animation department for one of the characters this time. Really fun stuff.

Hopefully I'll wrangle all those assets together sometime and have a big P&P art dump for you all.

http://www.banghowdy.com/

Replies

• Wells
    Offline / Send Message
    Wells polycounter lvl 18
    Love the art for this!

Enjoyed puzzle pirates quite a bit
    so I'll be sure to download this and run around.

...might even pay a few bucks to see your stuff tongue.gif
  • Uly
    Offline / Send Message
    Uly polycounter lvl 17
    Well done man! Congrats to you and Ian! The premise of the game sounds fun enough to warrant a quick try, but the art is really solid and charming.
  • Rick Stirling
    Offline / Send Message
    Rick Stirling polycounter lvl 18
    I'm so tempted by this - but it'll have to wait until after the War, or I'll fritter away all my time.
  • GameFruit
    Wow, this looks so amazing. I like the 2d interface layouts for the menu and the characters are my cup of tea. Captured the western style quite well.
  • nitzmoff
    Offline / Send Message
    nitzmoff polycounter lvl 18
    Heh, yeah Ian is enjoying himself here as well. So strange to have gone to school together and then end up at the same company on the other side of the country.

Thanks for digging the art everyone. Everyone here does their best. It's amazing what you can get java to do if you push it hard enough.
  • notman
    Offline / Send Message
    notman polycounter lvl 18
    Very cool/addicting game. It took a little to understand what I was doing (since I only did the controls tutorial), but it was cool once it got going.
    One thing you guys missed (IMO) about the character setup was the ability to change the player's shirt color... not that it takes anything away from the game though wink.gif
  • Geezus
    Offline / Send Message
    Geezus mod
    The game is very fun, I'm enjoying the single player right now. It feels like tactics meets chess meets the west. Even the very first games gave me trouble. The multiplayer is also pretty fun. I especially like how easy and quick it is to hop right into a game. The parlor chat seems to be dominated by 13 yr olds though, hehe. Dear god, the music gets real annoying fast. I like the art style, and the game mechanics are very well implemented.

@notman: shirts, hats, etc. can be purchased from the general store.
  • swampbug
    Offline / Send Message
    swampbug polycounter lvl 18
    Cool man, conflatulations. Tell McConville I said "waaazaabii" I'm gona try this game soon. Art looks great and fun. Must be pretty unique working on a game like this.
  • notman
    Offline / Send Message
    notman polycounter lvl 18
    Geezus: Yeah, I figured that may be the case when I was writing that, but it would still be cool to start with your own shirt color, then offer upgrade clothing smile.gif