Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Statue of Tzeentch

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 18
Hay guys! From the department of pimping waaaay to early, I give you a statue of Tzeentch! Here you can follow my process from concept to finished product, molding things along the way with harsh criticisms.

I've had the question posed to me "how are you at doing statues?" so I'm going to find out!

first concept
tzeentch001.jpg

Replies

• seantree
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    seantree polycounter lvl 18
    this is for WAR right?? i'll be keeping an eye on this one as it's my most anticipated game of 07'.
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    wooops, this is just a personal project that is based on Warhammer stuff, I like to do stuff like that smile.gif
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    don't start adding detail too early or you won't finish the picture..... kind of like this:
    tzeentch002.jpg
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    Hey, this should be an interesting thread, following it all the way through.

Something I'd already say about the latest sketch is, it's not weird and twisted enough to be Tzeentch! He's the Lord of Change, right? So "change" him smile.gif

Here's a pic I googled up of the original greater demon figure.
    As you can see, its' pretty extreme and warped.
    Your head sketch at the moment is looking like a mildly evil/happy bird version of Brian the dog from Family Guy. He looks way too friendly and ordinary.

Statues always represent the extremes of the depiction, so make this one really extreme, I reckon it'll look great!

Keep it up smile.gif
  • Cthogua
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cthogua polycounter lvl 18
    Yeah, I second what MOP said, I actually have and painted up the Great Demon of Tzeentch model, but sadly I didn't pin any of the large parts together and after a few years he broke into his separate pieces....I've got em all in a zip lock baggie for now...awaiting a time when I feel overwhelmed by a lack of Warhammer in my life...which may be coming up shortly...

...but yeah, I would suggest making him waaay more twisted looking. I have the original "Realm of Chaos: The Lost and the Damned" book about Tzeentch and Nurgle which has a TON of awesome oldschool GW artwork...I'll see if I can get it scanned at work and I'll post it if ya like.

...actually I checked Adrian Smiths Webpage and he has most of the good artwork from it in his black and white section.
  • Rhinokey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rhinokey polycounter lvl 18
    yeah justin, yours looks almost noble, and well.. acording to chaos law. that could be fine,, there are no rules in chaos. but it would be much cooler looking and fit the percieved look of chaos more if it was more twisted,
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sorry guys, haven't touched it since my last post! Been a bit hectic with packing and apartment hunting.

I don't know what was going through my head with the previous concept! Here's a more evil version, I'll probably evil him up some more.
    tzeentch003.jpg

I'm debating whether to stylize him more, kind of ancient Egyptian style.