Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

First time posting

Hello everyone, impressive work here. I have about a year left to graduate and am trying to start building my portfolio. I would like to get my work critiqued. I'm posting a texturing assignment where I was given the model to texture and a medium size prop for an Unreal 2004 prototype.

Thanks in advance for any critiques

[image]35kvhvo.jpg[/image]
34y4h2p.jpg

Replies

• Por@szek
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Por@szek polycounter lvl 18
    The cellar u have shown, is great. Nice detail, one level of texture quality, maybe a little more contrast bricks are need. This pipe bothering me. Why it goes through door? It should goes in other place, beneath the ceiling or in the walls corner but not through door. And also the second pipe IMO shouldn't be on the same high as the window is. moving this pipes into the opposite wall should fix the problem. And then don;t forgot to mirror the plank. The second thing is lack of light sources in there. There won;t be so bright if u will have only one small window. U need place there lightsources phisicly also, i mean bulbs or lamps. And one more thing. If u suggest that sunligh is also coming from window, put there some volumetrics, and wall near the window hole u should make brighter.
    No matter what, this is nice piece of work wink.gif Keep it up.
  • Xaltar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xaltar polycounter lvl 17
    I think its the textures that are the point, the model is a prefab by the sound of the post. The thing going into the floor is a support for the pipe not a pipe itself.

Looking good.
  • cabritozavala
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I see what you mean but we were not allowed to change the lighting or mess with the geometry. But they're great suggestions, they'll be very useful when I make my own environment next quarter, thanks.
  • shape
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    shape polycounter lvl 17
    Hey nice work on the cellar there. It looks like you have unique textures for most things, so you could add a little more to the wall on the right, namely evidence of construction where the ceiling support beams meet the render. Besides that, nice textures for the given geometry!

I'd also revisit the bookcase, the pixel density is inconsistent and the wood is suffering because if it. Little details like showing paragaph formatting and giving the text more room on either side of the page may help the beleivablity of the book.