Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Folio Pimp

polycounter lvl 19
Offline / Send Message
Quasar polycounter lvl 19
www.juliushettig.com

C&C please. Tear me apart smile.gif
Would just like to point out that the WMV of my reel is currently a piece of crap, I will be uploading a better one soon.

Replies

• Por@szek
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Por@szek polycounter lvl 18
    Hi Julius, i remmeber ur works from pixelmorgue. Its great u have ur own site, and the stuff in there is pretty nice. I like all this 3 chars, but maybe the manequin should have light source in front. But its only me.
    Cheers.
  • Uly
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Uly polycounter lvl 15
    Man... I love the lighting on Shilka! You've got a simple format, easy contact info, and all the necessities for showing off a model. I like!

Get more 2d stuff up, and your site will seem very *complete* and comprehensive to any employer wishing to hire you. How about some life drawing to show your anatomical skills?
  • Snowfly
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Snowfly polycounter lvl 18
    I agree, great format! And definitely some strong pieces in there. Glad you chose to go without filler content for now, but I can't wait to see more. frown.gif
  • Gav
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gav quad damage
    Nice work, Quasar. Some nice character work you have there.
  • seankaremaker
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey Julius,
    I limited color pallet that you used and also the simplicity of design for your site. I think that the way you have presented each model still form is quite effective. however, I feel that you could do something a little bit more interesting with the turnarounds. I have seen all of these models up close and with the great attention to detail in them i would hope that the camera would come closer to them at some point. I also see no reason why you couldn't make another section for various other models that you have done as well, but i guess that is secondary. I also agree with James, although you knowledge of anatomy is clearly apparent by looking at your models it couldnt hurt to put some life drawing studies in your 2d section.nice work man.
  • Uly
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Uly polycounter lvl 15
    And as much as I hate to grammar Nazi you. You have a typo on your texture page for shilka. "Ckreated".

Offending Image
  • Quasar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Quasar polycounter lvl 19
    Poraszek - I had a hard time deciding whether to leave the lighting like that or not, but the thing is that the model and textures are not that detailed so the dim lighting doesn't really take away much from the piece. And thanks.

Uly - James, James. You're just regurgitating the same stuff I've been telling you, lol. Seriously though, you are correct. I will be putting up some life drawings, and thanks for pointing out the spelling, I was staring too long at the image.

Snowfly - Thanks! It'll take some time, hopefully my Dom War entry will be next up there.

Gavimage - Thanks!

Karemaker - Is that a fake name? smile.gif I agree, I will be editing my reel before I leave school, I wish I could run Premiere at home frown.gif

Thanks all for the comments!