Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

SharkMan (Zbrush and 3DSmax) WIP

sidesdfdsys5.jpg

Well thats the guy I have to create for my animation project at university...still early days really but though I would share it with you guys and hopefully get some good tips...please bear in mind marks will only really be allocated to the animation so this modelling part is only for my own learning...right now Im trying to get to grips with importing textures from zbrush to max (pain in the ass).

Heres some screenies of the zbrush figure..

Need to open the arms up a bit more and staighten the neck for rigging but I 'think' thats about it. smile.gif

sdfsdfhd6.jpg

sdfsfjq3.jpg

Replies

• Vitor
    Offline / Send Message
    Vitor polycounter lvl 18
    I think you could work a bit more on the highpoly on Zb first. Almost looks like you passover all the lowest subdivisions to a high one and start sculping tiny details in. You should focous more on the main volumes and shapes/silhuete as those are what sells the model, details come later.

Take the arm as an example, it is still clear the boxy edges of the basemesh and the anatomy issues, while there is already little details.

Not a bad start, but still needs work =)
  • SeanDomega
    Hey thanks Vitor smile.gif I definently couldent agree more, to be honest I had no idea what I was doing to begin with, sub divisions were new to me at the start. For one of our next assignments we have to create a low polly and high polly version of ourselves so though it would be best to make a so-so model for my animation Ica and kind of get to grips with the program so I had more of an idea for the modelling Ica. smile.gif One factor that definently made zbrushing this guy difficult was the base (low polly) max mesh was way too high polly really I think. Anyway enough of my babble, thanks again and I will update him once I get a rig on him and some texture. Cya!