Home General Discussion

new netflix awesome

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Rhinokey polycounter lvl 18
a friend passed this link onto me aparently its to add netflix's beta streaming capabilities in with your regular netflix account,, it seems pretty awesome so far

http://www.netflix.com/WatchNowMovie?movieid=70031792&trkid=198075

Replies

• AstroZombie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AstroZombie polycounter lvl 18
    I just wish I could play the movies through my Wii web browser frown.gif
  • McIlroy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    McIlroy polycounter lvl 17
    Well that shoots them way beyond the competition ! It's a nice featuree that will only get better im sure . Though out of the 168 movies in my queue only 7 are available to watch streaming but im sure it'll get much better.
  • ebagg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ebagg polycounter lvl 17
    Expect Blockbuster Total Access to be doing the same in 6 months!!!
  • animatr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    animatr polycounter lvl 18
    I dunno, blockbuster ftw.
    with blockbuster, if you return the movies to a blockbuster, you get 3 free rentals there in store, PLUS the additional 3 they send you from your queue. that's 6 fucking movies at a time. And from a coworker, I heard the netflix thing isnt so good. If you want to fast forward, or pause, then it takes a good 10 minutes to start up again. He said he was really frustrated by it.
  • McIlroy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah animatr I tried the netflix thing and I could not get the Digital license aqusition software they install on your computer actually work so the movies would not even play.. I will say that I have had both netflix and blockbuster and netflix gets the movies to me faster and has much much less cracked and scratched disks . Blockbuster was so fustrating because I would get tons of unplayable disks .
  • animatr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    animatr polycounter lvl 18
    man, that blows! luckily i havent gotten any banged up disks yet, but I certainly don't doubt it.
  • Rhinokey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    i watched westworld today at work on it, and it streamed pretty much instantly. the software worked fine on my laptop and work pc's it doesnt work with firefox tho,, tho hardly anything works with firefox for me.
  • McIlroy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Man that sucks I wonder why it won't stream for me ! frown.gif
  • AstroZombie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    I dunno, blockbuster ftw

[/ QUOTE ]

Hooray for the big, faceless corporation that does not innovate but just steals from the little guy when he has a great idea and proves that it works!!!
  • sonic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sonic polycounter lvl 18
    AstroZombie: who cares as long as they do it right? I tried Netflix for many months and I noticed that during the first couple weeks I had a quick turnaround, then it got slower and slower until I cancelled because it was obvious that they demonstrate quick turnaround only for new customers. Same thing happened with one of my friends. Blockbuster not only sends the movies, but allows you to get a shitload of them at the store incase you have to wait. Now that is fucking service right there.
  • AstroZombie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    AstroZombie: who cares as long as they do it right? I tried Netflix for many months and I noticed that during the first couple weeks I had a quick turnaround, then it got slower and slower until I cancelled because it was obvious that they demonstrate quick turnaround only for new customers. Same thing happened with one of my friends. Blockbuster not only sends the movies, but allows you to get a shitload of them at the store incase you have to wait. Now that is fucking service right there.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would just personally rather reward the company started by an entrepeneur for their innovation and creativity than give my money to the huge corporation that copied a business model once they realized it was a threat. Blockbuster use to have horrible service until they realized that they were losing out to Netflix. Their high late-return fees among other things lost me as a customer a long time ago.
  • ebagg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ebagg polycounter lvl 17
    I'm with animatr, I do the "rent 6 movies at a time" thing and drop them all off the store on my commute home. Sometimes it's just nicer to go into the store and browse the movies. I returned a few late movies (the ones you get from the store do have due dates) but they didn't even charge me when I got new rentals, they just scan the envelopes and hand me the new three I got in the store.
  • Empty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Empty polycounter lvl 18
    I worked at a blockbuster last summer. The online thing is great, way better than the netflix deal my parents used to use. Its the same price, but you also get a free instore rental every week that works on games which would normally be $8.99..or 6.99 cant remember but its in that ballpark. movies were 4.23 tax included..

I think they might have changed the system since though.
  • Rhinokey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ok kids,, this isnt really a netflix vs blockbuster deal, was just trying to let peeps know that netflix is now doing this,, since its not well known.

if you don't use netflix then this threads really not for you
  • malcolm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    malcolm polycount sponsor
    Is netflix in Canada yet and has anyone tried it?
  • Daz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Daz polycounter lvl 18
    woah, this is cool as and I had absolutely no idea. Access to a ton of movies instantly for no extra charge? Plug my laptop straight into my HD TV?! Hard to complain at that! Thanks for the heads up.
  • Daz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Daz polycounter lvl 18
    free Little Britain! , woot : http://www.netflix.com/WatchNowMovie?movieid=70036025&trkid=198712
    It's a shame it doesn't work in firefox, but whatevers!
  • Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jesse Moody polycounter lvl 17
    I gave up netflix after being a customer for 4 years to switch to Blockbusters option. I get my movies the next day after they ship and once I "watch" them I return them to the store down the street so I can get 3 more and "watch" them as well and then my new movies will be sent to me so I can get more and watch them. So far I have been able to watch about 12 a week.
  • Rhinokey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thanks for reading the thread jesse

yeah daz i guess they are not advertising it openly since its still in betta,, Jon jones just gave me that link, i had no idea either. i watched all of season 6 and 7 of red dwarf over the weekend
  • Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jesse Moody polycounter lvl 17
    I read the thread. I knew about the streaming movies but so far the selection was crap. I just got sick of waiting days for movies when I can get a lot more from my local blockbuster plus I get a free game rental every month.
  • Rhinokey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    i mean the part where i said "this is not a blockbuster v/s netflix thread" you dolt
  • AstroZombie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Is there a Blockbuster viral ad-campaign going on in this thread or something?