Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

finishing an old(er) character

cyi
cyi
polygon
Offline / Send Message
cyi polygon
So this guy has been "done" diffuse only for a while now. I decided to apply a proper spec map and light him correctly. Here's where it is at pre-spec map. Any advice on anything so far, or advice on making a good spec map is very much appreciated smile.gif
dracula1.jpg
dracula_wireframe.jpg

Replies

• bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod
    It looks sweet so far, do you have any attempts at a spec map applied that we could take a look at? any specific problems you are having with it ?
  • Ferg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ferg polycounter lvl 17
    nice work man

I only noticed a few things on it that I'd fix. First, his bald head seems a little flat... maybe add some slight color variation or a couple veins or something to add interest. The other issues are mainly with his torso anatomy. It looks like you got the pecs right on the model but raised and changed them in the texture. Instead of having the bottom edge curve up in the middle, keep them flat like they are on your model. The other thing I noticed was a lack of hips.. it looks like his body just gets sucked down into his pants from his abs down. Just add a little definition on the sides of his torso about level with his bellybutton... that should do it. Wish I could help with your spec map but right now spec mapping is my weakest point too smile.gif
  • cyi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cyi polygon
    bounchfx: I wasn't really having any problems with it...just havent created many spec maps...I'm mainly curious about colored spec maps. See the screenshot below for the map applied to the model.

Ferg: Thanks for the suggestions. I have addressed many of them as you can see, but I think the back of the head is still an issue. I will work on it. Meanwhile, here's an image of the spec map I made applied to the model. (sorry for the large image size)
    dracula3.jpg
  • Por@szek
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Por@szek polycounter lvl 18
    Awesome character. About the back, maybe some ponytail?