Home General Discussion

metal slug anthology for the wii

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
rawkstar polycounter lvl 18
well how about that, they advertise it as a 4 player game, but it isn't, only 2 people can play... it sais 4 player in the back with the nunchuck but in neither one of the metal slug games included on the cd can you play with 4 people...

THIS IS SOOOOO GAY!!!!

Replies

• acc
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    acc polycounter lvl 18
    Yeah, seems like it was a misprint on the box. Go complain and get your money back.

Of course, you should have known it was two player anyways. Metal Slug is always two player, and those reviews that you should have read before buying it surely would have mentioned 4 player if it was included (that would be a big deal!). I lack sympathy for people who buy things blindly. The industry gets screwed up the ass enough for that already, the least you can do is suffer crazy.gif

Or just go get your money back.
  • Marine
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Marine polycounter lvl 18
    you can play with four people, you take turns. that's patented nintendo innovation.
  • rawkstar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    well i knew metal slug was 2 player, but it clearly said 4 players on the box so i thought that maybe they either coded that in, or the more likely possibility was that maybe one version was playable with 4 people.

i lack sympathy for people who write shit on the fucking box that aren't true, its the same thing as me selling a box of a dozen eggs and only putting 6 in there. How did that even get through nintendo's testing dept? i know sony and m$ test games pretty thoroughly before they let them be published.

MEH

one word

disappointment! smile.gif
  • Joao Sapiro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joao Sapiro sublime tool
    i second that...

frylock hates red steel too.
  • skankerzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    we don't print the boxes, so that's not our fault!
  • Lee3dee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lee3dee polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, that should be the line of every game thats claimed to have certain options available wink.gif
  • Xenobond
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xenobond polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, that should be the line of every game thats claimed to have certain options available wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, like Unreal!
  • sonic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sonic polycounter lvl 18
    acc: He didn't buy it blindly. It says on the box "4 Player". Clearly he read that and understood it to be 4 player. What better place to get that technical info than from the box? It's their fault for a stupid misprint.
  • acc
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    acc polycounter lvl 18
    Who is "their"? The company who prints box covers. What does Nintendo's testing department have to do with anything? Do they have a box cover QA team? I wouldn't wish that upon anyone wink.gif

There is a typo on the box. If that's a big deal, just go get your money back. If not, then who cares? Someone typed a 4 instead of a 2. Mistakes happen. It's not like they're trying to scam you. They didn't launch some massive advertising campaign about how great 4-player metal slug is. The problem is even supposed to be fixed for later shipments of the game already.

And on a tangent, the box is a terrible place to get information on a game. "Hey game company, tell me how great your game is!". laugh.gif Recommended specs = lies, descriptions = bullshit, and often they misprint or leave out vital information. Also, they're not even written by the developers, so of course they'll have faulty information.
  • sonic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sonic polycounter lvl 18
    Well there's a big difference between "tell me how great your game is!" and "how many players can play the game at once?"

Why are you trying to defend the company? They obviously messed up, and he thought it was 4 player by no fault of his own.
  • rawkstar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    yeah yeah lol lets fight about it eh? smile.gif

there's not a whole lot of wii games out there, it also seems like a really social platform i'm sure alot of people picked ms over other games cuz they saw "ooh look 4 players" on the back of the box. Every game box has all kinds of jazzy next gen marketing buzz words all over it and when i look at the box half of those don't even register as written text, but the technical info about the game has to be at least correct, its like buying a dvd player that has blue ray written on it, but can't play blue ray disks. Anyways i know its not a terribly big deal and shit like this is everywhere, but i'm just disappointed and wanted to rant. maybe warn other people who might make pick this up by mistake.
  • skankerzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'll have to bring it up at work, wonder if the other guys know about it.
  • hawken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hawken polycounter lvl 19
    there are 4 characters to choose from though, that might be it.
  • seantree
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    seantree polycounter lvl 18
    aside from the lack of 4 player support from what I've read it does not support the classic controller. is this correct? we have to use some crazy wiimote control scheme? Also, it's not arcade perfect due to there being "hit flashes" in the game now. Man, I wanted to get this but i'm not so sure now.
  • thomasp
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thomasp hero character
    psp version for me all the way. anyway, since when is metal slug a choice for casual gamers? they must be really starved of new titles to death to choose an old school 2d platformer that is far from easy. wink.gif
    4 characters to choose from, true that - but only per title. it must be many more across all titles tho.
  • nitzmoff
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    nitzmoff polycounter lvl 18
    I had pre-ordered the Wii version, but when i found out via reviews about the lack of classic controller support and overall bad emulation of the games I canceled it.
  • FightingChance
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    FightingChance polycounter lvl 17
    Yeah, my roommate and I rented Metal Slug Anthology through Gamefly and I'm very surprised on how poorly it was presented. Very poor menus, controller support is buggy, MS 1-5 are scaled and look awful, they're all just arcade emulation with free play on. Not what Metal Slug deserves.
  • AstroZombie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AstroZombie polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    well how about that, they advertise it as a 4 player game, but it isn't, only 2 people can play... it sais 4 player in the back with the nunchuck but in neither one of the metal slug games included on the cd can you play with 4 people...

THIS IS SOOOOO GAY!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

pfft! As if you have 3 other friends you can play with anyhow.
  • KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KDR_11k polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    psp version for me all the way. anyway, since when is metal slug a choice for casual gamers? they must be really starved of new titles to death to choose an old school 2d platformer that is far from easy. wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Sony and MS would have required the games to use HD resolutions so SNK is pretty much Wii-exclusive for their 2d games now.
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Being a long time Metal Slug fan (see avatar), I wasn't expecting a 4player game. I didn't read the box so I'm not disappointed. I do think its a raw deal for anyone that reads the box and was expecting a 4 player experience, thats just lame. It should say something like "supports up-to 4 players in selected modes"
  • Sandbag
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sandbag polycounter lvl 18
    the biggest dissapointment for me was that none of the bosses flashed when hit, so when I played 6 for the first time, I had no clue if I was doing anything right until it died. It didn't help that everything took twice as much firepower to down in the game, but that's SNK's fault...

ps - Rockstar, awesome stuff at the Art Institute Dallas on Sat, I learned a ton (that goes to everyone from TRI and Ensamble too if you're reading).

[/lurk]
  • skankerzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ah, found out Nintendo made us take the boss flashes out because they were afraid of epilepsy cases.