Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Satyr

OK, my first post on this forum. This is a character i've been working on as a portfolio peice. Its just under 6K polys with 2 x 1024*1024 Diffuse, and a single normal map done in Zbrush. I'm a little concerned about the amount of polys i've spent with the hair on the legs (about 1200 polys in total) but if i start taking some of the plains out the fur starts to look patchy. Plus i had to add unwanted polys to the cloak to stop it from passing through the model when cloth modifiers were put on it. Its my first attempt at doing hair and cloth like this so i'm not really sure if its acceptable.

satyrrenderedvs7.jpg

Satyrrenders-1.jpg

viewportrenderpb7.jpg

Replies

• Josh_Singh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Josh_Singh polycounter lvl 18
    Looks cool from what I can see. That top render hurts my eyes. Dont render onto a pure white or pure black background. Render that first on on a shade of grey. I would like to see the fur you did on the legs.
  • Davision3D
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Davision3D polycounter
    I love the style of your model but the colours doesnt seem to fit. I think it is a slightly cartoony style you are aiming for but texture looks not like that. Put saturated colours in it and i think it will look very cool. smile.gif
  • Ikosan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    yeah sorry about that lol. Heres a nicer render

renderongreytd2.jpg
  • Snowfly
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Snowfly polycounter lvl 18
    It cuts a nice silhouette and the head looks really well done. Great design decision with the proportions of the legs. He appears to be wearing a sweater on my monitor though...maybe a slight resculpt of the torso?
  • EricElwell
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    EricElwell insane polycounter
    Yeah i like this, and would agree, it has a great silhouette, but the form of the chest (and the texture/normals) are giving it that same fluffy feel of the thighs. Some better geometry definition and skin texture would do the trick I think.

Very cool, Love'n the style!
  • Em.
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Em. polycounter lvl 17
    Awesome proportions and style, love the chunky feet and toenails. I agree with some of the others above though, that some more color and saturation overall and more definition on the torso would really make it awesome. Good job, good piece.