Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Male dude

Shady-D
polycounter lvl 17
Offline / Send Message
Shady-D polycounter lvl 17
dudebodygy6.jpg
I've been told the proporttions are off at other forums but with contradicting solutions.. so.. i think ima grab a leonardo and pose him around that.
Anywho, C&C so far is more than welcome, i was hoping to post a more finished model but i will.. in deu time..

Replies

• thefatladysings
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thefatladysings polycounter lvl 17
    I think the arms could be a bit longer and the torso a bit shorter, but then again I'm no expert of human anatomy :P
  • JKMakowka
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JKMakowka polycounter lvl 18
    Crotch seems a bit low, but I am not 100% sure about it.
    Or maybe it is just the connection of the inner legs to the crotch-area that is strange.

Oh and the feet are wrong, but I bet you know that wink.gif
  • MAUL0r
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MAUL0r polycounter lvl 18
    upper torso/shoulder area looks nice! I agree about the crotch... something makes him look like he pooped his shorts in the frontal pic.
  • verybad
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    verybad polycounter lvl 17
    Got a lot of cameltoe for a dude. Don't be afraid of giving him a nutbulge, half the world has them, and they put em in comic books.
  • Shady-D
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the replys!
    Posed him around the V-Man to fix his proportions.
    Lol verybad, cameltoe... xD, think i fixed it and added a little bulge lol.
    dudevmanki6.jpg
  • JKMakowka
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JKMakowka polycounter lvl 18
    Oh, btw I wouldn't model in that streched out davinci pose, due to several facts:

1. It is a very unnatural pose that makes it hard to spot slight anatomical errors, for you and people helping you.

2. I am guessing you want to model it that way to have an optimal mesh for animating it later on, but that pose is only optimal on first sight. If you think about it again you will notice that the legs are at a extreme outward position from which they can only extent inward (well for normal humans that is), thus when in a natural position (in which they will be most the time in game) you will always have some stretching on the outer side of the upper leg (and it's even worse because it is outside which is always easy to see).
    The same is true for the arms, which will be almost always is some sort of downward position in game, except if you plan to create some sort of athletics game with lots of over the head arm movement.

So to come to an conclusion, the modeled pose (or to be precise the uwmapped pose) should be close to a position that is what the model will be the closest to during most of the game time, which is for almost all games a "45° down" position of the arms and a "relaxed down" position for the legs.

P.S.: His upper legs need more muscle mass.
  • Shady-D
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hmm i never thought about posing that way...
    Thanks for the heads up man!
    And yeah, the game he will be going in has allot of athletic animations..=/