Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

WIP - High Snowboarder

Aloha, again! I got here my 2nd demo piece, a higher-end snowboarder, more or less for show. I hammered her out it about a day and a half, and I'm running short on time! XD But here's what I'd like! Critiques!
(she's come a long way from my first attempt at human models methinks)

Torrie004.jpg
Torrie002.jpg
Torrie003.jpg

Replies

• cyi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cyi polygon
    looking pretty good so far...you have some wasted polys in the pelvis area and around the toes. My advice would be to get rid of these and add some more loops to the face, around the mouth and construct some nostrils/add detail to the eyes. Kep it up!
  • Jethero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Alright, I'll get to tweakin' that out. Thanks!
  • Jethero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Post deleted by Jethero
  • Jethero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Well, if anyone was hoping for more, I do apologize as I've been completely swamped.

But, I've managed to finish everything and have my demo reel hooked up on my site. The video's a bit hefty, but any lower in quality and the wireframes would blur too much. :/

www.jl-creations.com

There's still a few tweaks and aesthetic things to go over and critiques are welcome!
  • Savage
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DO you snowboard yourself?

doesn't make sense to have someone wearing shorts when they snowboard...even on the hottest days I've never seen anyone in shorts like that...maybe a bikini when it's slushcup or some other holiday. But for real...then the big hefty neck on hte jacket makes it look like it could be cold, then the no arms throws it off again.

It's like you got caught inbetween deciding how hot it would be when this chick is snowboarding. I know it's late now, but next time I'd take these things into consideration.
  • Jethero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I actually ski at the moment, but my cousin (who I used as a reference) is getting me into snowboarding. She actually does dress like that when the sun's out though I only go as far as a vest and a t-shirt.

I took a few liberties as SSX and Amped had some outfits with cut-off limbs as well. I did consider going fully clothed but I decided to do a bit more style over pure reality dressing for this pass.

Thanks for the reply, Savage!