Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

2006 Blizzard Contest- Horned Orc

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
clee101 polycounter lvl 18
Heres my submission of an Orc model I worked from 3dmax to Zbrush. I have yet to texture it. Any and all C&C are welcome. Thanks.

-Clee101
Orc_frontrender.jpg [/image] HornOrc_Final2.jpg

Replies

• Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I really like it! Lots of good detail. I'm not sure how Bliz would take to a tusked orc since that is mainly a troll trait, its not like it really matters that much the contest is over and from the judging I think they hated any entry that used normal maps or any kind of high poly sculpting tool.

I'm looking forward to seeing this guy posed in a more natural orc pose and textured of course. Great work so far keep it up, you're well on your way to an amazing portfolio piece!
  • Tulkamir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tulkamir polycounter lvl 18
    Damn, looks great. Too bad you missed the contest. The one problem I have is that the forearms (bracers?) look a lot more smooth and less worked on than the rest of the model.
  • abigbeast
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yea man, this guy is lookin pretty nice. Along with the forearms, I'd say keep an eye on the detail on the back of the legs, they are also looking pretty smooth. The overall proportions and feel of this guy are really good, keep adding some details and this will be a sweet finished piece!