Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

My current 3D artwork (bit of a noob)

Ok guys I've been looking through this site for a while now and I have finally decided to bite the bullet and post some of my work here. Some of the stuff produced on this site completely blows my mind so I think it is probably the ideal place to learn more about my models. I am currently studying games art at university. In my final year now with a big scary major project looming. Anyway here is some of the stuff I have created so far. Its no where near the standard of a lot of the stuff on this forum. But hey if you wanna be the best you gotta learn from the best, right?

tobyandcarkw4.jpg

This guy was part of my 2nd year character design. He is 2954 triangles and his car comes in at 4450 triangles. I think he was the 4th character I made in max. It was also my first attempt at a facial rig.

An attic enviroment created over the summer. In-game shots.

[image]env1ks5.jpg[/image]
[image]env2iq5.jpg[/image]

I heard that it was best to have a model of a real life object to demonstrate modelling skill. This mini comes in at 5681 triangles.

[image]minizf4.jpg[/image]

Lastly, here is a model I created for an arts test. The task was to create a 'Hong Kong' style building with all texture space assigned to 2 512 by 512 texture maps. And no bigger then 3000 triangles. My attempt used both 512 maps and 2529 triangles.
[image]hk1vt0.jpg[/image] [image]hk2wz0.jpg[/image]

All images were saved in photoshop. Image quality - 6

I will probably be posting my major project work here too. Scary!

Replies