Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

First lowpoly...

Hello there to all polycont people...
I'm beginer at 3D but I hope I'll become one of you same day.
Now I created same lowpoly human body and I need comments on it ...
firstonemn5.jpg

I hope you like it !
And one question. Is there any good tutorial or artist who can tell me how to create texture for it ?
I'll post also with head but this is for now...
See ya !

Replies

• Em.
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Em. polycounter lvl 17
    I'm not a character artist, but the first thing I can see is the arms are wayyy too long and there's some unnecessary polys that aren't helping to define the form. The legs also look flat from front to back. It looks like you could use some ref images.
    What program are you using? If you're using Max or a similar program there should be beginner tutorials in the help section, you can also look around on here for tutorials. I'm sure some character people will show up and give you better advice than I can.
    Not bad for a beginner, keep at it. : )
  • D4V1DC
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    D4V1DC polycounter lvl 18
    Texturing info:
    http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?threadid=77484

You have to learn about anatomy for everything that lives!:).

Anatomy references:
    http://drawsketch.about.com/od/humananatomy/Human_Anatomy_for_Artists.htm

Not very normal references but things you might want to know.

If not im sure you can get help from others, above all apply urself to what you want to do if you want to learn anything related to 3D google.com's search engine can find a lot of things you are looking for otherwise this place has it all as well, use this search option for similar previously asked concerns with new models/modellers.
  • Spacey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Spacey polycounter lvl 18
    A basic understanding of human construction will help immensely. Keep studying reference all around and things will start clicking (for instance, human arms don't bubble like you've modeled).

Stumbled upon this on my hard drive that might be useful. Super simplified human anatomy, but chock full of useful tips. And all on one handy .jpg!
    Guide to Drawing Human Anatomy by Cedarseed
    More of them can be found here (near the bottom of the page).

Keep at it!
  • Trifunovic Stefan
    Thank you everyone for helping...
    I'll try to coplite the model and change it a little bit...
  • Thurban
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    there are some really great time laps movies you can find if you search on the net by Martin Krol. They are pretty old and pretty well known but they still rock. They go through the whole process and can be great reference or inspiration when getting to know 3D