Home Technical Talk

So... Vista Ultimate x64 and Max9 = nonono

ngon master
Offline / Send Message
almighty_gir ngon master
been trying to bend my head around how to get Max 9 64 (and 32 for that matter)bit to run on vista ultimate 64bit.

neither want to work at all.

Replies

• Rhinokey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rhinokey polycounter lvl 18
    i try to never move to new OS until they have been out at least a year or more to give them a chance to get the bugs out, good luck with that tho
  • Ben Cloward
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ben Cloward polycounter lvl 18
    I'm running RC1 of Vista 64bit and Max 9 64bit and it works. The screen is kinda flaky because of poor Nvidia drivers, but the software runs ok. What type of problem are you having?
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joshua Stubbles polycounter lvl 19
    I just ordered Vista Ultimate 64bit, should be here Thursday of next week. I was going to have it setup as a dual boot, until problems like this were resolved. But hell, if Ben says it works, that's pretty nice.
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    i switched back to max 8 until they release some kind of hotfix, it seems i'm not the only one it isn't working for.

Ben, i am running the retail release of Ultimate. (lucky me for working in an electronics store with a weak manager lol)
  • Ben Cloward
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ben Cloward polycounter lvl 18
    Hmm - yeah, the people from Autodesk that I've talked with all say that Max 9 isn't officially supported on Vista yet so I imagine it's probably hit or miss depending on what type of hardware you've got, etc.

You can bet, though, that they'll release a patch for it pretty soon after the release of Vista.

-Ben