Home Collaboration & Unpaid Work

Call for 3D fish models

Greetings, I've been a long-time reader of Polycount (since q2pmp) and know it to be a source of great talent and information. I'm involved with a Senior Design project at the University of Central Florida, in which we are creating a virtual, user-interactive fish tank environment. None of the members involved are very accomplished in the field of CG, so we have decided to turn to the Polycount community for help.

The details of the task at hand:
We need several different fish models (2 to 5) with a basic "swimming" animation. Texture-ready blank UV maps are also needed, but we won't turn down any skinning efforts tongue.gif
Equally useful would be 1 or 2 plants with animation to mimic current effects, such as gentle swaying or undulating. The level of detail in the model is up to the creator, and should match what they are comfortable rigging/animating.

We are shooting for one of two types of fish models: realistic - something similar to the Aquarium screensaver for Windows (www.prolific.com); or "cartoony" fish, similar to what you would see in "Finding Nemo". The theme (either realism or cartoon-style) is up to the creator, but all of the fish should follow the same style.

Credit will be given to the author in all documentation for the project. You will retain all rights to the work created, and can cite working on our project in your portfolio. We are happy to act as future references. Financial compensation can be negotiated.

Interested parties may contact me at: [email="lindholmmax@hotmail.com."]lindholmmax@hotmail.com.[/email] We are hoping for a completed collection by no later March 1st of this year.