Home General Discussion

Official Transformers trailer!

polycounter lvl 17
Offline / Send Message
fmnoor polycounter lvl 17
http://uk.promotions.yahoo.com/transformers/

It looks pretty neat, but I'm not sure I like how they changed the transforming sound. Something to watch a few times for sure.

Replies

• JO420
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JO420 polycounter lvl 18
    bah they barely showed any of them,at least 1 full on screen transformation would have sufficed
  • Steve Schulze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    Wow, that looks horrible. I mean I assumed the worst with what we'd seen so far, but man...
  • The3DGuy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The3DGuy polycounter lvl 18
    wow. a bunch of random action movie clips throw together with robots that remind me nothing of transformers, except for the little bit of Prime's back that i could see.
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    notman polycounter lvl 18
    I didn't think it was that bad. I do wish they would stop the quick flash images though.
  • Delaney King
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Delaney King polycounter lvl 18
    I think the director is going to be clubbed to death by a lot of hat, hairy men without deodorant.

So anyone hear the rumour that Bumbleebee was changed from a VW because Speilberg didnt like the fact that Hitler himself had redesigned it?

Hiiiiighly unlikely, but made me chuckle.
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    notman polycounter lvl 18
    Nah, it was VW's resistance to using their vehicles in violent films. That's what I read early on atleast.
  • snemmy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    snemmy polycounter lvl 18
    from Autobots defending the earth against Decepticons to an alien robot invasion movie.. i'd wager the puny humans will save humanity by their love for each other and not the Autobots...

ah well, we should all be used to having our childhood raped by now tongue.gif
  • Frank
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Frank polycounter lvl 18
    Yeah, that's a Michael Bay movie, all right.

And just in case you couldn't tell, he went ahead and put his name under the title of the movie! Now it's "Transformers: Michael Bay." Genius!

Bleah.

Frank the Avenger
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
    I dislike the way so many films are wasting time explaining how things came to be. Remember, Godzilla? Some failed nuclear testing accident caused by the French.

All I wanted was huge lizard crushing Tokyo. No explanation. It's not real, so just have fun with it.
  • Lee3dee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lee3dee polycounter lvl 18
    as Frank said it's a (Michael Bay movie) so we can expect bad story, alot of camera dollys! alot of explosions! .......but awesome special effects from ILM laugh.gif
  • erik!
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    You know, if you push aside that fact that it's supposed to be the Transformers movie and look at it as simply an action movie with giant robots, it may not be half bad. Then again it may not be half good either. Meh, we'll see..
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    They said that about Godzilla in 1998, and it still sucked.

I'm still hopeful, but it does seem to have a lot holding it back.
  • Malekyth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Malekyth polycounter lvl 18
    Bah. There are an awful lot of humans in that trailer.
  • Parnell
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Parnell polycounter lvl 18
    Tyrese is in this movie.
    That alone is reason that this will fail.
    Anyone else read about the next Star Trek movie??
    It's a prequel (before Kirk and Spok were on the Enterprise) . So Shatner won't play Kirk, etc.
    Yep they are hoping to get Matt Damon to play Captain Kirk, and Ben Affleck for Spok.
    I shit you not.
    http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/preview/1809752800

B
  • Whargoul
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Whargoul polycounter lvl 18
    Why would a bunch of robots from space look like a bunch of earth vehicles? Do they have the new Camaro on Mars too? SWEET!
  • Todd Dinosaur
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Todd Dinosaur polycounter lvl 18
    Complain, complain, complain. I thought the trailer looked badass. I don't remember watching tranformers as a child for it's compelling story line. I watched it for lazers, robot fights, and explosions.

Did you see the kid in the strokes shirt? 10 years from now when you're showing the superspecial collceters addition DVD to your kids, they are going to laugh. That's like seeing a "Marshall Tucker band" t-shirt in the karate kid.

I hope tyrese gets runover by Prime.
  • TomDunne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TomDunne polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    Tyrese is in this movie.
    That alone is reason that this will fail.
    Anyone else read about the next Star Trek movie??
    It's a prequel (before Kirk and Spok were on the Enterprise) . So Shatner won't play Kirk, etc.
    Yep they are hoping to get Matt Damon to play Captain Kirk, and Ben Affleck for Spok.
    I shit you not.
    http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/preview/1809752800

B

[/ QUOTE ]

The Affleck/Spock comment was a joke from Kevin Smith. Gotta RTFA, you know.

Whargoul, your question was answered in the very first episode of the original cartoon. The ships that the Transformers crashed in scanned the planet for examples of human technology and re-engineered the Autobots and Decepticons in order to allow them to blend in undetected. You know, except for when they're 30' tall robots.

I'm such a fucking nerd for remembering this.
  • StrangeFate
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    StrangeFate polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    Why would a bunch of robots from space look like a bunch of earth vehicles? Do they have the new Camaro on Mars too? SWEET!

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess you have never heard of transformers before, that'd be a 20 years old question.
    Maybe words like stealth, covert, infiltration, deception or camouflage help unveil the mystery.

While i kinda miss the classic transformers look, i can imagine that a lot of the transformers would have been very difficult to animate without having clipping parts etc, plus doing a proper 'real' transformation for each of them would have been a ton of work.

I doubt that even half of the original transformers would have ever been able to scratch their own butts, see their feet or get up if they fell on their backs.
    Plus, boxy robots probably wouldn't appeal to the younger generation, they're too used to smooth anime shapes.

I think as long as some of the transformers show personality it's all good.
  • ebagg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ebagg polycounter lvl 17
    Michael Bay is all about making big cheesy popcorn flicks with lotsa actions, effects and explosions. I don't know if I will see this in theaters, but whenever I do see it, I'll go in expecting a Michael Bay movie, and will surely find it satisfying in that regard.

If I go in expecting it to be exactly what the fanboys wanted or have a great story, I'd be dissappointed.

The only film I really wish Michael Bay had done differently was Pearl Harbor, but I did enjoy the mindless fun of Armageddon, Bad Boys 2 and The Island.
  • skankerzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    High def trailer

http://www.singbluesilver.com/media/Transformers-teaser_480p.zip

And I like the trailer very much. The old cartoon design and story can suck it. I just want to see big robots fighting.

and for the comments on the US Godzilla movie sucking, so did almost all the japanese ones.
  • swampbug
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    swampbug polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]

I think as long as some of the transformers show personality it's all good.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree.. we may not be used to the look, but if they have it where it counts (personality, likable character), everything will be fine.. hopefully yhe story plot is good too.

I hope humans get stuck in a transformer when they transform. SQUISH!
  • Hollowmind
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hollowmind polycounter lvl 18
    Fuck. Michael Bay made Pearl Harbor and Armageddon? Fuck. Why ??!!!!!! Why!?!?!?!?! Not the Transformers. Noooooo!!!

btw I fucking hate those 2 movies.
  • moose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    moose polycount sponsor
    this thread has exploded with a fuck load of nerd!

i think that trailer makes it look better than the previous trailer. I didnt know spielberg had a hand in it too, depending on how much say he had... Snemmy may be right.
  • Asherr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Asherr polycounter lvl 18
    i still don't care about this movie.
  • aesir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aesir polycounter lvl 18
    that trailer made it look slightly more interesting. A rental at best.
  • Joao Sapiro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joao Sapiro sublime tool
    ( spike spiegel voice ) mwaaaiiii dont feel like it...
  • Major Clod
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Major Clod polycounter lvl 18
    Eh, pretty much exactly what I expected. The last shot of the robot coming out of the pool was spielberg-esque... reminds me of the T-rex drinking from the pool in The Lost World.

Could have had at least had Prime say something cool at the end of the trailer, that would have had all the fanboys blowing their loads, regardless of the robots retarded designs.
  • TomDunne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    We complain when the trailers reveal too much.
    We complain when the trailers don't reveal enough.
  • TomDunne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • Luxury
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Luxury polycounter lvl 18
    Transformers were always the poor mans Go-Bots. Now where's THAT movie? tongue.gif

Also - I want a pink pony like that girls.
  • Delaney King
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Delaney King polycounter lvl 18
    How the F%&$ does a guy make Armageddon and pearl harbour and STILL get to make new films? Does he have a warners executives daughter kidnapped somewhere?
  • Asmuel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Asmuel polycounter lvl 17
    I thought transformers were the shit when I was little, hope they dont fuck it up, but Im sure they will.
  • hawken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hawken polycounter lvl 19
    "Note: Intel Macs are NOT currently supported by Vividas. Support is currently under development and is coming soon."

WTF? why don't they just give me the freaking video to watch? retards.
  • aesir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aesir polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    How the F%&$ does a guy make Armageddon and pearl harbour and STILL get to make new films? Does he have a warners executives daughter kidnapped somewhere?

[/ QUOTE ]

"in hollywood, you fail upwards"
  • fmnoor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    fmnoor polycounter lvl 17
    Hey. I liked Armageddon frown.gif