Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Warhammer - Orc

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Vorge polycounter lvl 18
Who can resist the call of a giant, rugged Orc decked out in beat up armor? I sure as hell can't! My newest little adventure:

113_orc_presentation.jpg

Comments and Crits appreciated!

-Patrick

Replies

• Jarrod1937
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jarrod1937 polycounter lvl 15
    damn thats good, very good texturing.
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nice lookin' Orc! Very Orc-ish!

Crits:
    Orc.gif
    - I would set up a simple light setup and bake some shadows into your texture. Or hand paint them, but that can be time consuming.
    - I would also bulk up the feet, and give him some proper s-kickin' Orc boots.
  • noritsune
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    noritsune polycounter lvl 17
    hey lots of cool stuff happening in the detail of the armor and everything. I think though that too much of the shading of the flesh areas is done with dodging/burning, or a white/black overlay? the better alternative being to use actual colors. in particular the dark areas of the flesh are looking weak.
  • dejawolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dejawolf polycounter lvl 18
    orksh ish besht!
  • Toxxys
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Toxxys polycounter lvl 17
    Looking good, but I'm not sure you got the orc/k posture down proper. He looks kinda squat and dumpy instead of like a lurched, hunching, hulking killing machine.

Lengthen the legs and bend the knees, and then lengthen the arms. Pick up an orc/k model and look at it for reference (that's the beauty of modelling from miniatures games).

As mentioned, the feet are wimpy and shadows would be nice, but one last crit: the green banner, make it more brown. Green stuff doesn't work well with greenskins.

Nice work so far.