Halo 3 trailer

Replies

• hawken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hawken polycounter lvl 19
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    There is in-game footage, actually. It was already stated that the trailer was a CG/in-game hybrid.

After the zoomed-in run sequence, there is a discernible "cut" where it comes in behind the chief at a different angle. From that point on I believe, is game footage. It doesn't look as good as the CG prior to it, so it's a dead giveaway.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mind showing me the quote that it was an in-game/pre-rendered hybrid?

I dont see the big loss in quality in that 3rd person shot that you speak of.

What I do see however, is realistic animation (more likely mocap) that certainly isn't cyclic or looping in any way, very impressive grass, soft edged AND attenuated shadows, really nice materials, sophisticated lighting, self shadowing models, awesome particle/smoke fx and distant stormy clouds and motion blur.

Those are not features that I've seen in the shots released of the game. Just playing my usual role of devils advocate really. Im not buying at all that any of that is realtime, so id be curious to see the quote. I suspect the quote youre referring to is simply the one in which bungie state that DD used some models as a basis.

[/ QUOTE ]

THINK OF THE CHILDREN!
  • Cybroxide
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cybroxide polycounter lvl 17
    I see it as colors are for in-game. Look at Killzone2/Halo3/Motorstorm pre-rendered trailors and then look at their in game counter parts. Seems like all the pre-rendered stuff has 75% less saturation.
  • Armanguy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Armanguy polycounter lvl 17
    killzone ingame show me now!
  • Asmuel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Asmuel polycounter lvl 17
    And indeed, all those colourfull shots are multiplayer. Everyone knows Halo multiplayer characters are different colours to single player, default for CTF is red and blue, not a next-gen/last-gen difference.

The lack of saturation could be contributed to a number of factors, artistic licence by the company who actualy made it for dramatic effect, textures being washed out from GI etc. none of which have much relevance to how ingame will look IMO

I dont think bungie will drop their crazy colour pallete, their current fanbase might not like it too much which is clearly their key demographic
  • FightingChance
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    FightingChance polycounter lvl 17
    Well said Asmuel. Expanding on that, I think the environments in Halo are very sparse and static. Run around a UT2k4 level for a second and soak in the crazy details of the level. In comparison, Halo has a lot - a lot - of concrete and grasslands. I wouldn't mind the worlds to be a little more broken up, material and color wise.
  • Jarrod1937
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jarrod1937 polycounter lvl 15
    [ QUOTE ]
    Well said Asmuel. Expanding on that, I think the environments in Halo are very sparse and static. Run around a UT2k4 level for a second and soak in the crazy details of the level. In comparison, Halo has a lot - a lot - of concrete and grasslands. I wouldn't mind the worlds to be a little more broken up, material and color wise.

[/ QUOTE ]
    oh comeon! we all know the reason why they spacd out the models is because they were already maxing out the system with their crazy polycounts laugh.gif
  • acc
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    acc polycounter lvl 18
    Haha! The colour jab was a joke this time. Saying Halo has no saturation is pretty ridiculous. I think it's a very important contributor to the series' success to be so colourful, actually.

Although if you look at the Halo 1 pic I posted compared to the Halo 3 ones from Uly, there is less saturation on everything but the team skins. It's still 50 million times more colourful than other shooters, but the trend is there.